GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diesel Geek

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Has anyone installed or driven a car with a Diesel Geek Short Shift Kit? How about any other kit out there. Thanks

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Try http://www.jsperformance.ca.
Contact Jose at jose@jsperformance.ca
Or toll free at 877-557-7900 (Keep in mind he's on the West coast)
He made ss kits for MK IV's and so far folks (like me) with his MK V/A3 version love it. Counterweights are retained so shifts are oem smooth and light. Install is less than 20 mins, documentation is superb.
See a few opinions at http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2502331
The mods keep deleting it as they are a small operation and not a paying advertiser.
They had a killer intro price of $170 shipped and still may have.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Wait for Techtonics. They might be coming out with a kit.

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Why wait, there's 2-3 out there.
DieselGeek's
JS Performance
B&M (which involves replacing the shifter)
Neuspeed should be making a similar design to JS Performance for about $30 more :-(

For me, I found the DieselGeek a bit notchy (granted that decreases as it wears in) based on my experience with it in a friend's A3. I was hoping to get a similar feel to the Tanoga shifter in my S4 or the AWE SS in my MKIII GLX.
Also it sticks out as a non oem part to a VW tech. So based on the look, recommendations of happy MKIV owners with JS Performance SS, and a price of $170 shipped; that was the route I went.

klamyfeat

Drag Race Newbie
Nurendra said:
Why wait, there's 2-3 out there.
DieselGeek's
JS Performance
B&M (which involves replacing the shifter)
Neuspeed should be making a similar design to JS Performance for about $30 more :-(

For me, I found the DieselGeek a bit notchy (granted that decreases as it wears in) based on my experience with it in a friend's A3. I was hoping to get a similar feel to the Tanoga shifter in my S4 or the AWE SS in my MKIII GLX.
Also it sticks out as a non oem part to a VW tech. So based on the look, recommendations of happy MKIV owners with JS Performance SS, and a price of $170 shipped; that was the route I went.

So you've tried both the Dieselgeek and JS? Do you still like the JS? Would you recommend it?

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Yes, I've tried them both and my 'personal' preference is Jose's.
He has gotten a bit braver :) as I saw a post stating that they can do any reduction you want. Take a drive up there and tell/show him what you want. No custom duties, shipping AND local support. What more could you ask for?