GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil residue and vacuum lines

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
SO my 'oil' catch can doesnt seem to ever catch any oil. All i seem to get is water and gas out of the can. However there is still a ton of oil residue all over the charge piping and intake manifold.

Where else could this oil be coming from?? So we've all seen leaking check valves... has anyone looked into this valve thats right off the intake manifold and crankcase?? Anyone know what function it serves and would it be okay to block it off for a test, or possibly add another check valve as a backup?

cvs.JPG

vacsys.JPG

ecoterragaia

Ready to race!
I am not entirely sure of this, but I think that line and check valve are to your vacuum pump. I wouldn't go blocking it off unless you want to lose the vacuum assist for your brakes every time you go into boost.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
More like the engine is sealing properly so there's nothing to catch.

You say you have oil in your pipes but did you check and clean them before the catch can to compare it against?

Yes, i removed the IC pipes, TB pipe, DV, recirc noise pipe, and adapter to the turbo inlet. Cleaned out all oil residue after stage 1 PCV fix but before i installed the catch can. Since installing, its been a few thousand miles. The DV, TB pipe, and recirc noise pipe are once again covered in oil. I have not pulled the IC pipes yet but will once i finish with the w/m install.

However, when i look at the compressor wheel in the turbo with my borescope, its clean and spotless.

I looked into the intake manifold with the borescope and the intake valves and ports are caked with deposits. Dirty oily gritty sludge and it looks like the valve shafts have tumors or are developing elephantiasis.

There is no blue smoke under WOT though...