GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AUX not working

fd2black

Karma Police
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
Hey guys. Tried to search for this but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for.

I took my car in to the dealership last week to get the factory radio replaced because of a hardware error (wouldn't play cd's).
They replaced the radio with the correct one, silver buttons, but now the AUX jack does not work. Actually, when I double press the cd button, it does not switch over to AUX at all.

I am hoping that there is a quick fix for this, I don't mind taking the radio out if I have to. I would just rather fix this issue myself than bring it back to the dealer.

Thanks in advanced!

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a coding error. It needs to be enabled. The dealer can fix it in about 5 minutes.

You can fix it yourself too but it requires getting a Ross Tech cable which run used starting around $200. It plugs into the diagnostic port and allows you to program the car.

fd2black

Karma Police
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
Thanks a lot for the input! I'll take a look into it. I may just find somebody with the cable because there are a few other things that I am looking to get done too.

eiresgaus

Passed Driver's Ed
Not to start another iPod - AUX thread I'll just add on here in case it's similar...

I have an 07 GTI with the stupid iPod cable coming out of the glovebox - but I also seem to have the white tile with an AUX cable input in the glovebox as well.. Is it a matter of taking my car to a dealer to be recoded to use the AUX jack instead of the iPod?

I took out the AUX jack earlier and it seems like it's all connected to something somewhere?

michail77

Go Kart Champion
It connects to the back of the head unit. If you pull that you should find the disconnected harness back there.

You could get one of the aux port buttons from ebay while you are at it. It's so much nicer than using the glove box.

eiresgaus

Passed Driver's Ed
It connects to the back of the head unit. If you pull that you should find the disconnected harness back there.

You could get one of the aux port buttons from ebay while you are at it. It's so much nicer than using the glove box.

Awesome thanks! Found it this morning and all done.

That ebay port looks good too thanks for the recommendation!