GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

180 mph?

GTI2007

marx92x said:
I still think you're underestimating drag. It takes some serious areodynamic design to go faster than 150-160. A quick google search of provided this from a recent motor trend article...

so, if a C6 Corvette Z06 is aerodynamically limited to 174mph, I don't think a 2 box gti can do better.

here's a link to the article

http://www.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0306_spdint/

indeed cause the european mk 5 Golf GTI has the same top speed (146 mph) as the Ford F-150 SVT Lightning with only a 2.0 liter turbo engine against a 5.4 liter V8 in the Ford

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
That 180mph speedometer is there to purely look cool. Would you have a 150mph speedo or a 180mph one? I know I'd take the 180mph one although I know the car won't go nearly that fast.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Almost all cars have speedo's that go way past what the car will acually do. My 2003 impala says 120 the puter shuts it off at 108 and the motor is barley wound up at all. Most american cars shut down at 106-108. The ones sold with higher speed rated tires go faster. My sisters 75 vettee said 180. LMAO that thing would be lucky to break 100.. The puter on the GTI is supposed to shut down at 130, Ive had mine going 140 by the speedo. dought it was 140. More like 125 or so . Crappy speedo is the only Complaint i have about my MKV

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
As said before, drag is the big enemy with the power this car has. Although our drag coefficient is the same as a Mcclaren.