GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rallye

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I just wanted to let you guys know that I went to a VW show here in the phx area on sunday and in the parking lot was a golf gti rallye!!! One of the most rare VWs (at least here in the US) there are only like 13 in the whole country!!!! The best part was he was just at the show not showing.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
bmwr32 said:
what makes the rallye mkv gti different from the standard mkv gti??? :help:

The Rallye is a mk2, made in 1989 in europe for homologization for rallying.

It came with factory recaro's, factory widebody, the g60 supercharged 1.9l engine (engine sucks), and all wheel drive.
I toyed with the thought of importing one, even went as far as talking to with the owner and working out shipping, I still want one hardcore.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
wow... sounds great except the engine, but i guess for an 80s 4cylinder thats good right?

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Sauceboy01 said:
right! :laugh:

Besides the fact that it was horribly unreliable, spewed oil, the charger needed replacing after 60 to 80k and a whole bunch of other loveable things, was the base engine in the Corrado.

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
TeknoGroover said:

I'm in the process of building one of those currently :wink: :wink: :wink:

Just got the body back from painting, and i should be receiving the brand new completely blue printined/polished engine by the end of the week.. The car is sitting in my wharehouse completely stripped currently!!

Cant wait to finish the project!! YEAA!!

Due date.. Late April/Early May! :thumbup: :headbang: :headbang: