GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W/M install... any DIY?

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I'm in the market right now for w/m.. I just wanted to know if there are any good DIY installs for it w/ pics...

Also what would be the best kit?

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Wow thanks... Just what I was looking for

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
The wiring bugs me out. Is there a easier way to do it?

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
LOL... wiring is a bit scary, but you can do it! It's easier once you get in there and put your hands on it. You could do all the install except the wiring and let a shop take car of that if it's too much for you to want to "risk".

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI

I would like to do something like this... I also have the eurojet TB pipe with the w/m hole all ready there so the wireing really is the only thing stopping me.

ScottyMKVI

Ready to race!
That install shows a kit that is older, the DVC-30 kit (or whatever it is called) has fewer wires. He also shows hooking it up with a relay, which you don't have to do. Pretty much power, ground and Map sensor.

ScottyMKVI

Ready to race!
You can use either... would you run a boost line to the trunk???

Edit, NM I was thinking about running it to the pump... But still, I would rather use a wire.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
That was my origional idea to run a system similar to that but I dont want to lose the trunk space, and then there are more (longer) wires to run, plus you have to worry about running the wires and hoses from the rear hatch to the front discretely and then through the firewall, too much hassle for me.
Plus the external resivoir doesnt come with a low level light so if you want to install that (i would) then you have to buy that, and ru neven more wires, and then install a light somewhere to display that your tank is getting low. even more hassle.

The stock WW tank fits a gallon of fluid, has a built in low level sensor & light , and I get to run much much much shorter wires and hoses. BINGO I was sold.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
mmk lol So how many wires are there? and Where do they all go?

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Which is our ignition on wire?

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
^^no that aint lazy thats smart, lol. if you have the tb pipe w/ the bungs in it already, and you get the boost source kit, this install shouldnt be very difficult at all, id say go for it, for me the nerve racking part was "tapping" the tb pipe, but now bsh has released one already fabbed up an pretty an goes with the DO kits they sell...