GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've a pair of Sennheiser HD650 if you wanna try em out.

So, I'm no where near an audiophile or anything. I just needed something better quality than my cheap Skullcandy that I had since they got moved home to be my PS4 headset. I ended up going with the HD 439 and am very happy with them. Amazon had them on sale for like 50% off. I see the Sennheiser Game One in my not too distant future now.

Was the burn-in for the HD 650 really like hundreds of hours? Just curious.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
So, I'm no where near an audiophile or anything. I just needed something better quality than my cheap Skullcandy that I had since they got moved home to be my PS4 headset. I ended up going with the HD 439 and am very happy with them. Amazon had them on sale for like 50% off. I see the Sennheiser Game One in my not too distant future now.

Was the burn-in for the HD 650 really like hundreds of hours? Just curious.

I don't really buy into the burn in train of thought. I understand the concept behind breaking stuff in but I don't think it makes that big of a difference. That being said, I don't follow any of the voodoo magic break in procedure; just plug them in and enjoy them. Same goes with breaking in engines. The audio community has a lot of bullshit snake oil gimmicks that you have to watch out for.

Honestly though, the biggest improvement to overall sound quality would be improving your source material. Ditch the low bit-rate MP3s for some higher bit-rate files or, better yet, switch to a lossless file format and the difference is night and day.