GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
@Eurocars- so once this new Cummins is rolling on the streams and I have to start fixing them. Am I going to be cursing your name? It's like when any engineer for Ford or IH come in, just a stream of curse words from ever mechanic in the shop. All I have to say is 6.0 and you know what I mean. Praying the new Cummins is decent. The ISX series has been great except for the stupid sensors.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Not really sure yet. The Nissan stuff is packed in tight. On most of the RVs and WIVs I've seen, they're pretty stuffed in there too. It's s big wide V8, not a nice narrow I6 like most of our stuff. The industrial version has a VG turbo, Nissan gets this crazy looking compound turbo setup, both are buried in the valley under the intake manifold/EGR cooler. They also get a full aftertreatment (DOC/DPF and SCR). Hopefully they can fix our big issues ASAP, the industrial version comes out this month in RVs first then rolls out to busses, vans, tow trucks, etc. Where do you work at that you would see them?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Oh and ISX has been great except for bearings, DOC fiber migration, fuel pump plungers, old style EGR coolers, hydrocarbon dosers, VG actuators, SCR's etc. I saw a statistic a while back that said that every time a Detroit was in the shop for a non-maintenance issue, we had been in forty times

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
So the Honda dealer forgot to tighten the drain plug on my GFs civic. GF smelled something burning and said "is that my car?!?" I said no. Then she tells me to look in the rear view and it's a smoke screen!!! Stop at the next exit, park at the shell station to walk around the car when I notice a river of oil flowing out from under the car. So I scream "oh shit" and run back in the car to shut it down.

At least two quarts spilt out after I stopped the car so I'm thinking nothing got damage. Never got a low oil pressure warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!

Poor two truck driver had to clean up the mess. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk