GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio stays on 24/7 after battery jumped

Nightmaarez

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently had my battery jumped, and for some reason after I jumped it the radio stays on in my 2007 GTI, even when the car is off and the doors are locked. The weird part is, is that this weird behavior only started happening after my battery died. I thought getting a new battery would solve the issue, but it seems like it hasn't. Is there something wrong with how the radio is wired, or is it a far more serious problem? I had an aftermarket radio installed about two weeks ago, but it worked fine before I had my battery jumped.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Izzymk5

I’m Having The Same Problem , I Just Turn It Off Manually But It Is Getting Annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Nightmaarez,
My MK5 is the same year as yours. I'm still with the factory head unit (which I have already sent out for repair and re-installed). The harness supplies a constant 12VDC and an ignition switched 12VDC. I think the head unit remembers what "state" it's in. On and off with the key or if you manually turn it on without the key in the ignition, it will turn on and off that way too. It has to get power all the time (on one wire) to hold all the presets (band selection, channels, mode, volume level etc.) If you have the ignition switched hot (the other 12VDC wire) going to the aftermarket radio's terminal for that controlled voltage is seems it would have to work the way I'm describing. Unless... the VAG-Comm/ECU is the really the controller and notthe ignition switch. There are dub's in here that know the car to that level. The computer control's a lot of things in these cars. Maybe the program value got corrupted during your battery issues.