GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Electric vacuum assist for the brakes is almost all the way hooked up. Pump is mounted and the new vacuum reservoir is fitted to the core support. Waiting on a new pressure switch and more quick connect fittings to finish it up.

Also ordered a battery bracket for an Odyssey 625 from Password JDM. Its intended to fit a DC5 (Integra) but it will work perfectly for what I want it for. I dont want to have a rear mount battery anymore because I want a fully functioning trunk and I cant have OEM carpet in there with the battery plus more weight (even it its only 15 lbs) over the front axle will help a little with traction.

Aluminum catback is almost fully mocked up, having slight fitment issues when fabricating because the 90* tubing is more like 85*. May order extra tubing to get it perfect if I cant get it to sit like I want. I'll post pics once I get it mocked up the way I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 839

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Oh snap, this might actually happen!

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ordered a bunch of parts this week to try and actually have the car running and driving by may. Instead of stacking fuel rails or use the aux rail to feed the HPFP, i picked up a 5/8” stainless tube that I’ll weld AN ends to. I’m going to weld mounting tabs to it. Once mounted, it will be hidden under the aux rail. Also made an alternator cable and tried some new mounting spots for my oil cooler

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That engine is just too damn pretty! What oil pan is that?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
That engine is just too damn pretty! What oil pan is that?

INA. He sent it because the oil filter housing plate I ordered from him took 10 months to get here after he sent several false tracking numbers saying it had shipped. Once it got here it didn't fit, had to be modified and didn't even include provision for oil feed to the turbo. I cant really make it work without being a huge headache. That's why I ended up just using the factory 1.8t housing.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ok, it looked very familiar...

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
INA. He sent it because the oil filter housing plate I ordered from him took 10 months to get here after he sent several false tracking numbers saying it had shipped. Once it got here it didn't fit, had to be modified and didn't even include provision for oil feed to the turbo. I cant really make it work without being a huge headache. That's why I ended up just using the factory 1.8t housing.

He's iAbed Industries now :lol:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Why do people still buy his RMS? Is there no alternative besides OEM that people like?

Probably, but if you keep your PCV valve functioning you don't have issues with that really.