GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell lights wont turn off

sinopa

I know they are supposed to stay on but even when the car is off they will not shut of and even when they are shut of in the menu they stay on....WTF. I cannot find anything on this issue? Just hoping someones had this issue and found a fix or some VW Genius knows a fix. I dont want to pull #15 fuse as that kills all interior lights :(

UPDATE: I pulled the 7.5 #15 fuse all interior lights are not disabled but yet the foot-well lights remain illuminated. I have a sneaky thought that no ones going to know how to fix this.

Update #2: In hopes more info will help diagnosis as I am drawing a blank. Pulling the SB48 fuse under the hood cuts the footwell lights off but as like the #15 fuse it goes to the Vehicle Electrical System Control Module ESCM Both the SB48 and SB47 go to the ESCM but only the SB48 fuse kills the foot-well lights. Nothing else in the car is doing anything outside of its programming.

Last edited:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Disable footwell lights in controller

The proper way to disable footwell lights is with VAG-COM.
Simply turn off bit 2 in byte 0 in the Vehicle Electrical System Controller J519 to disable.
This assumes the car has stock wiring. However, the behavior described does not sound like stock wiring.
Are you the original owner? Or is it possible a previous owner has modified this?

Vehicle Electrical System Controller J519 — byte 0
To disable Footwell lights turn off bit 2

I know they are supposed to stay on but even when the car is off they will not shut of and even when they are shut of in the menu they stay on....WTF. I cannot find anything on this issue? Just hoping someones had this issue and found a fix or some VW Genius knows a fix. I dont want to pull #15 fuse as that kills all interior lights :(

UPDATE: I pulled the 7.5 #15 fuse all interior lights are not disabled but yet the foot-well lights remain illuminated. I have a sneaky thought that no ones going to know how to fix this.

Update #2: In hopes more info will help diagnosis as I am drawing a blank. Pulling the SB48 fuse under the hood cuts the footwell lights off but as like the #15 fuse it goes to the Vehicle Electrical System Control Module ESCM Both the SB48 and SB47 go to the ESCM but only the SB48 fuse kills the foot-well lights. Nothing else in the car is doing anything outside of its programming.

sinopa

Mine does have the option on the dash to disable them. It used to work and now does not I have owed the car used for the last 4 years with no issue until just now. I have temporarily resolved the issue by removing the lights as it was killing my battery.

paulauerbach

I'm having the same problem. I don't want to disable it, I just want it to turn off when I lock the car. Anyone have anything they want to share? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
The year and model of your car that has this issue. That being said both footwell lights W9 and W10 share power straight from J519 vehicle electrical control module but they ground in different locations. So if your footwell lights stay on I would think it is an issue with your J519 continuously send power to footwell lights. On the Rabbit GTI pin b7 is for power from J519.

paulauerbach

The year and model of your car that has this issue. That being said both footwell lights W9 and W10 share power straight from J519 vehicle electrical control module but they ground in different locations. So if your footwell lights stay on I would think it is an issue with your J519 continuously send power to footwell lights. On the Rabbit GTI pin b7 is for power from J519.

Thank you for the heads up man, I haven't resolved that either. I just took my footwell light bulbs out. I really don't want to disable it, I just want them to turn off when they're supposed to turn off