GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Turbo Hair-Dresser Girly Race Car//Miata Build

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
After hours and hours and waxing and polishing. Looks MILES better.

Here is the before/after. Left is before, right is after...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The garagestar door inserts made a nice change on my car.
People comment that they really work in conjunction with all of yoru chasis bracing.
Im planning on doing a rollbar, frog arms, and frame rails, havent decided if I want to do the cannon brace as well as my eventual plan is LS.

As for the window I read that some people say that adding liquid graphite to the window track helps a lot, Im going to try that and will toss a couple sheets of sound deadener in the door while I got it opened up.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
The garagestar door inserts made a nice change on my car.
People comment that they really work in conjunction with all of yoru chasis bracing.
Im planning on doing a rollbar, frog arms, and frame rails, havent decided if I want to do the cannon brace as well as my eventual plan is LS.

As for the window I read that some people say that adding liquid graphite to the window track helps a lot, Im going to try that and will toss a couple sheets of sound deadener in the door while I got it opened up.

Yeah I really liked them and they were great value. I'm looking at doing the same three (Rollbar first). I'm thinking the Hard Dog M2 Hard Core Hardtop just in case I get my hands on a hardtop. I just rode and (DROVE!) a turbo NB Miata. It's this one here: http://www.miataturbo.net/build-threads-57/adams-diy-turbo-silver-nb-boooost-79270/

It had 225 RS3 V2's, No interior, Racing seat and harness, modified SRT-4 turbo, Rollbar/Frog-Legs, no power steering/AC and external wastegate etc. It was pretty crazy. Couple things I noticed...

A. It was badass
B. Spool time was actually quicker than I thought it would be
C. It barely spun the tires at 35 Degrees out with RS3's. Literally a crazy amount of grip.
D. It feels faster than it is. It feels crazy fast BUT I really think my MK7 with JB1 would put buses on it over 100+ mph
E. I'm getting a turbo asap

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Whoops, I did a thing:

SR20 T25 in need of a rebuild. It's small but I feel that having the T25 flange will give me a lot of upgrade room in the future. Also I'll be running full E85 so it should be able to get me to my 225whp power goal without too much boost.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Okay guys so bit of an update: The winter has been long and hard on my bank account but I have made some small steps. Firstly I set out to fix that damage on the rear quarter panel. I decided since it was a track car I will do it myself (Learning process) using a spot welder. For those who don't know basically you need to strip the paint (see below) and you can weld these little studs onto the body. Once on you use a slide hammer to pull it out. These are the first pictures, I'll do more today. Obviously you apply bondo and repaint when done.

I was told racecars don't need paint #weightreduction

Some of the studs welded on:

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Also it might be a month or two before I go turbo so I installed a test pipe. It was cheap (obviously) and I assume it'll free up 1-2 hp or so but not enough for the butt dyno to feel.

Shiny:

Old/New:

In:

Conclusions... It's a cheap an easy way to drop a tiny bit of weight, free up a hp or two, and increase sound a tad. For me getting an NA exhaust only to upgrade to a 3 inch won't be worth it so that'll have to do. The butt dyno says it feels a little bit more peppy but nothing quantifiable. I'll be bumping up the timing in the next week as well as a harddog double X rollbar if all goes well. Cheers!

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
You get around to buying that rollbar? I just snagged a Blackbird fabworx bar, install was a bitch but it looks purdy and REALLY tightened up the chassis through the twisties.
Where did you snag that cat delete pipe? I might look into something for mine as well.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
You get around to buying that rollbar? I just snagged a Blackbird fabworx bar, install was a bitch but it looks purdy and REALLY tightened up the chassis through the twisties.
Where did you snag that cat delete pipe? I might look into something for mine as well.

Yeah so I got a Hard Dog M2 Hardtop Double diagonal. Yeah the install was a bitch but I feel like we did a good job. (Cut around the carpet so we keep OEM look etc.) Same thing on this end, chassis was really tightened up and I think it makes the whole car look better imo. I'll try to find some pictures of the install.

I got the Cat delete here: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/10-1017d.html

But you could also go to any muffler shop and have them weld some flanges onto a straight pipe, but with that you can always go back. It sounds good with the stock exhaust, with an aftermarket it's pretty damn loud/ricey.