GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your views on a STRAIGHT PIPE MK5 GTI

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Im in Colorado and run catless. Just keep the stock DP and slap it on for emissions. It's only once every 2 years and after you do it a few times the DP swap is a hour job tops to remove the catless and put in stock, or vise versa.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
FMX that video is pretty good. xD thanks for posting it on youtube today lol. I like the tone it give. Its loud but not violent at all. The only problem is that due to Colorado emissions i would need a TWC so i can't do catless. I could just get a downpipe with a cat and then just to a catback straight pipe or like you did with getting a SMP street exhaust.

FMX: Did you ever have APR stage 1? how does it compare to S2+

No I went from stock to stage 2. Big difference in both.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Straight pipes are for race cars. On a small hatchback you better be able to absolutely destroy all challengers to drive around making that kind of noise. Even then everyone around you will think you're a total jackass.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I have a 3" dp with a cat, and 3" straight pipe all the way back.. It sounds like shit

I don't have a k03 though, but still only a k04. Pretty sure my cat is fucked though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Yep, big turbo sounds ok though. My car with 3" DP that dumps under the front seats (electric cutout). Its alot louder in person:

Why not more boost??

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
3in catless dp with junbl exhaust and sounds amazing. Not too loud but gets noticed when you put your foot in it. I get tons of compliments on how my vehicle sounds.

RedRabbit08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV Rabbit
3" DP with an exhaust kit, don't do straightpipe, it's just stupid loud and becomes annoying.

If you wanna go cheap, do 3" DP with 3" pipe going to a generic magnaflow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
When I get some time but you can't get junbl exhaust anymore there were only 30 made. You may find one in the classifieds