GOLFMKV

MKV GLI F23T vs E63 AMG

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
MKV GLI F23T vs A lot other cars @ 5400ft elevation Street/Dragstrip runs

***** UPDATE 12/08/2014 *****New videos:

Did a couple of tweaks to the WG preload and water/meth pump pressure (running a single DO07), best ET was 13.47x, also my personal best running street tires so far, track doesnt have trap speed but it was a bit over 180kmh (110mph) on the speedo (6500rpm in 4th DSG), the videos.....

5.0 Mustang 6MT and Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, that car has a tune i believe, the owner said that it did 13.15 recently, he was fighting for traction all night, those were not sold in Mexico originally, only the basic trim model.

***** UPDATE 11/12/2014 *****New videos:

Volvo C30 with some mods

Nissan 240SX Turbo, this car put 337hp to the wheels, RWD, not sure if lighter than the MK5 GLI.

Finally, this "thing" i have no idea what brand/model is, all we know is that it has a new Camaro 6.2 engine with a 150 shot and who knows what else, so it is fast.

E63 AMG

Last edited:

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
What the hell happened to the E63? You pulled him and then he completely dropped out of sight.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
That MK1 is a surprise for most people, guy is a regular at the dragstrip

What the hell happened to the E63? You pulled him and then he completely dropped out of sight.

Friend of mine, he let off the gas to take the short exit for a quick rematch, did more runs, but didnt had the chance to use the gopro more.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
How did the gli do?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
How did the gli do?

It did just fine, later that night with a little traction compound on i was able to run 13.6, that is faster than a 5.0 mustang here, already beaten two of my friends in their 135i´s coupe (one of them DCT and twin scroll engine), the best ET for the E63 AMG is 13.7 at the same track, the performance is already the same or better than a MKV K04 GTI, i am happy with that, 13.6 on street tires was my goal with this turbo, i think there is room to improve before triying drag radials or full slick tires.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Oh ok, you were the 13.6 run. What does that equate to roughly at sea level?

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Or what does the mb run at sea level?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Oh ok, you were the 13.6 run. What does that equate to roughly at sea level?

According to some NHRA altitude correction it would translate to 12.8, that might improve a little with better launch / better track prep.

Or what does the mb run at sea level?

Regarding the E63 AMG, they seem to trap a lot faster than his 13.7 with one of them breaking into 11´s at sea level in a properly prepped track.

http://dragreview.blogspot.mx/2008/04/stock-2007-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-14.html

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Bump, updated first post with some more runs.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I raced the newest one last week running 660hp

E63 AMG? i have seen some newer than the one my friend has, im not sure how much HP tho, your car must be pretty damn fast, have you taken it to the dragstrip?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
GLI vs Mustang 5.0 6MT, he had a passenger tho.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"