GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TVS supercharger orderer

telaio

Ready to race!
As there's talk about golf R420 coming to market I decided to immunize myself against it my ordering a Rotrex supercharger kit from TVS-engineering. Target horsepower is little over 400, I hope everything goes well :thumbsup:

telaio

Ready to race!

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
That looks bad ass!

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
congrats, how long before the kit comes in?

The exchange rate has been looking very good for the RUF Stage III Supercharger kit. Thinking about possibly going in that direction.

telaio

Ready to race!
So in for details and results! Are you building the motor or leaving it stock? What tune are you going to run?
According to the manufacturer ~400HP with supercharger does not really overstress the engine so simply lowering compression with a gasket should be enough. Tune is going to be their in-house one.

telaio

Ready to race!
congrats, how long before the kit comes in?

The exchange rate has been looking very good for the RUF Stage III Supercharger kit. Thinking about possibly going in that direction.
Installation should start in 3+ weeks. I went with TVS because of their use of the proven efficient Rotrex supercharger. Almost silent operation is a big plus too.

Alex08T

Ready to race!
Sub'd ,can't wait man

telaio

Ready to race!
This is supposedly a very conservative setup with only ~75Nm/65HP per piston.

telaio

Ready to race!
Ok the install has started, due to some unexpected delays it will mostly happen during my holidays so I will not be there personally to take photos but my mechanic promised to take many. First thing to do is to unmount the engine, lower compression with a head-gasket and exchange the timing-belt for a new one.

telaio

Ready to race!
any updates on the install?

Installation is on-going, unfortunately I'm currently abroad and not able to follow it closely. There have been some minor issues with the tubing but otherwise the installation has been quite smooth I believe. I'll know much more next week.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

telaio

Ready to race!
Installed! I'm slowly getting used to the new feel, we're only getting partial boost at the moment (belt slip?) but it still dynoed 380HP....onle the kinks are fixed I'm quite confident that we'll hit 400HP :)

There is clearly a LOT more power close to the top...car drives normally at low RPM and does not make any strange sounds there. Over 4000RPM the car is a beast with slight supercharger-whine and swoossh-sounds from the blow-off valve when getting off throttle...I think I might start to love this :wink::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Congrats! I bet it will be a beast on track and should have no problems keeping up with the MKVII's :thumbsup:

I'm finding I'm just as fast or faster in the corners where I make up but on the straights the new MKVII's are very quick and I am loosing there.

I've been considering a supercharger but most likely won't happen, starting to shift my focus to my '74 BMW 2002tii.