GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my dsg resetted.

TRmkvgti2007

Ready to race!
The guy at the shop said that I needed to drive for 5 min in 4th gear at 3000 rpm, then drive in 5th gear for 5min at 3000 rpm (while in tiptronic), then do a 0-60 in D mode, then do a hard stop. Is all this necessary? But I can say that wow my dsg is so damn smooth now. Taking off from a stop feels like a regular automatic, it doesn't do a ugly downshift while making low mph turns (right at light, or in shopping center). In tiptronic my gears don't shift hard and aggressive (like some of us experienced after going stage 2). This reset is a must for people experiencing weird dsg acts.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Tell me more how this process works. Is this done via Vag Com?

TRmkvgti2007

Ready to race!
Yes it is done through vag com, and it was free since this is the only shop I go to and I'm cool with the owner. Basically the tech told me the dsg starts to have all these settings from over the years of driving, so they reset all the settings.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I did mine a while back when forum member Viking445 did his. Much smoother and crisp shifting. I have my own cable so it was easy.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Another question - I notice my 1-2 shift is not as crisp as my 2-3. It seems to somewhat hesitate and feels a little "slippy" at full throttle. Could adaptation help?

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Another question - I notice my 1-2 shift is not as crisp as my 2-3. It seems to somewhat hesitate and feels a little "slippy" at full throttle. Could adaptation help?

Yes it may help but it's not guaranteed...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The DSG adaptation reset doesn't affect your ECU tune. Also, the Defined Test Drive is not a requirement, if you don't have time or the proper venue for it, the DSG will learn the adaptations during the course of your normal driving.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Without the proper defined test drive afterwards, you may find the level of clutch adaptation may not be good as.

KenTX

No, Money Down!
The Fed - Have you changed your DSG fluid/filter? Personally, I think the recommended 40k interval is way too long, especially since I'm tuned. I just did mine at 25k miles, and plan to stick to that interval. I can't honestly say if it was the fluid or adaptation since I did them together, but it did smooth things out.

New fluid vs. 25k miles:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The Fed - Have you changed your DSG fluid/filter? Personally, I think the recommended 40k interval is way too long, especially since I'm tuned. I just did mine at 25k miles, and plan to stick to that interval. I can't honestly say if it was the fluid or adaptation since I did them together, but it did smooth things out.

New fluid vs. 25k miles:

Yeah, changed it at 40K, have 46K now.