GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car pulls to the right after tire rotation,wtf??

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
So i finally rotated my tires at 15k and now my car seems to be pulling to the right. I checked the tires and they don't have any uneven wear. So I take it to my local performance shop for a 4 wheel alignment. They inform me that it was slightly off and that now it's all good. Well after going for a driving it still pulls to the right slightly. Thoughts? Advice?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Go back to the allignment shop, and tell them to do it correctly this time. Obviously, something is not right. Good luck, sounds weird.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
So i finally rotated my tires at 15k and now my car seems to be pulling to the right. I checked the tires and they don't have any uneven wear. So I take it to my local performance shop for a 4 wheel alignment. They inform me that it was slightly off and that now it's all good. Well after going for a driving it still pulls to the right slightly. Thoughts? Advice?

If by "finally" you meant it was the first time since new, its possible the tires wore unevenly. Try rotating them back and see if the pull goes away. Also, you have to be on a completely flat road, then let go of wheel. I've seen worn tires cause pull before. Tires can also be defective when new. And yes, alignments can be done wrong.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
*sigh*

There have been quite a few threads about this. It is absolutely normal for your car to pull slightly to one side or the other. One of your tires is more worn than the other and has less grip. So the grip is slightly imbalanced and it causes the car to pull slightly to one side. This happens because you take a lot more right hand turns than left right? On ramps, exit ramps, they are all right turns. So your left tire gets more worn. Especially if you drive spiritedly like I always do. If you rotate your tires more often it's less noticeable, or if you drive like a grandma and never attack any corners they will wear more evenly. When you put on a brand new set of tires I bet it'll track straight. It's nothing to worry about unless it is pulling hard to one side or the other.