GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 interior in MK5

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
I've got a MkV and a MkVI. There is not enough of a difference to do this swap just for the sake of being able to say you're 'different' to a bunch of people on the internet.

Put your money into some things that will actually make the car better if you really need to.

That1Kid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Vw Fahrenheit
I've got a MkV and a MkVI. There is not enough of a difference to do this swap just for the sake of being able to say you're 'different' to a bunch of people on the internet.

Put your money into some things that will actually make the car better if you really need to.

I bought the mk6 for the transmission for my dads mk6. and now i have a complete mk6 interior that was cheap as hell so i was just wondering if its easy to do, like will i need to do any sort of modifications?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Well, the size of all the panels would still be the same. Not sure if the bolt locations would still be in the same spots, though.

Zach L

VR junkie
i have a mk6 thats been rolled over but the interior is in good condition besides the seats, so i was going to do it.

Just curious, where'd you source the salvage vehicle and how much did you get it for? Sounds pretty cheap if your only initial inention was to use the transmission.

That1Kid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Vw Fahrenheit
Just curious, where'd you source the salvage vehicle and how much did you get it for? Sounds pretty cheap if your only initial inention was to use the transmission.

look up impact auto auction, its a Canadian salvage auction, and i got it for 800 but after taxes and everything it came to around a grand. and forgot to mention that its a mk6 gti

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I had to replace the dashboard on my mk5! Wish I replaced it with a mk6 one.

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
is it hard to replace one? never really done it

I had vw replace it! I can tell you it's a shitload of work and they do charge a lot of money for the dash and the install. If I had to convert from our currency to dollar what parts and labour cost it would be round about $2500 usd

That1Kid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Vw Fahrenheit
I had vw replace it! I can tell you it's a shitload of work and they do charge a lot of money for the dash and the install. If I had to convert from our currency to dollar what parts and labour cost it would be round about $2500 usd

o fuck that lol, i would do it by my self

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Lots of work disconnecting the airbags and wiring behind the dash! I'm glad I didn't see VW do it, as I would have shit myself!