GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Backorders - A BSH Public Service Announcement

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
As many of you are experiencing there has been a rash of backorders on popular items recently. Backorders currently exist for the following manufacturers that are tuning partners of BSH:

AWE – Supply delays ETA Mid May
BSH – Manufacturing Delays ETA Mid May
Evoms – Manufacturing delays ETA May 16th Now in stock!
KMD – Manufacturing Delays ETA May 16th
Ksport – Influx of orders ETA May 12 All backorders will be filled by the 12th, we are re-inventorying up
VF – Manufacturing delays ETA May 12 Now in stock!

Backorders can come as the result of entirely to many different factors all of which equally frustrating and detrimental to a company’s relationship with their customers and also to the company’s internal functions.

At BSH we do our best to minimize backorders by maintaining inventory of the items we sell the most of. However there will be times, like presently, where there just isn’t enough inventory to make it through a period where the manufacturer runs out the supplies needed to assemble a product. The manufacturing process is one based on volume. The cost per item is grossly different to make one of something then it is to make 100. That is why there is no stopping production mid run to fulfill a few orders. It destroys the entire pricing structure the product is based on.

When this occurs our policy is not to charge orders until we are able to ship them. This of course only applies to credit card orders as paypal orders are transferred without our control. We do this to protect everyone involved. The mental feeling of having paid for something you have not yet received makes an already frustrating situation even more so. We value your business greatly and want to do our best to make every situation as positive and easy for you as possible.

The downside for us to do things this way is that although we have orders, no money is changing hands which as I’m sure you can imagine isn’t doing us any good when its time to take care of bills and pay roll. Imagine being handed an IOU from your employer, sure it’s nice to know that money is coming, but try giving that IOU to your landlord/mortgage holder.
This truly is all the motivation we need to get things off backorder as soon as possible.

Internally we have processes for managing back orders including individual manufacturer logs complete with dedicated time and dates to contact them for updates. We maintain a log of who ordered what when and make sure that orders go out in the order they were placed. The forums we sponsor are updated with back order status as it becomes available to us, this sometimes hurts more then it helps as information isn’t always accurate. We are willing to go further than this to communicate to customers as long as it is in reason. Calling every person individually is beyond unrealistic for a small company, however part of this thread is to allow the chance for customer feedback so we can continue to excel in customer service.

Before the question of why we continue taking orders when there is a back order is asked, the answer is simple. If we don’t someone else will and we would rather have the order then hand it off to someone else.

Bottom line, backorders suck. No easier and clearer way to say it. You chose BSH for our reputation of quality service and high performing parts. We want you to know that everything is being done to honor our commitment to you every day of the week. In backorder situations what we need from you is to trust us in our commitment to you. Calling every day isn’t helping and getting angry does nothing as well. Leave the calling and getting to angry to us, its part of our business and is much more in our control then it is yours.

Long before myself or Brandon had @BSH after our screen names we were enthusiasts shopping with whom we shopped from and we wanted our parts! Trust me, we know where you’re coming from without ever needing to be told. I know I didn’t become some snooty person the day BSH was born, I still love these cars!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for all the support BSH receives from this community. We look forward to a long standing relationship with all of you.

Sincerely,
-Phillip Felice
BSH Speedshop
www.bshspeedshop.com

Last edited:

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
I am also open to suggestions, if you have one for me in regards to how backorder situations could of been made more comfortable for you please send me an email. Phil@bshspeedshop.com -regardless of if you are a customer of ours or not.

Currently:
Website status set to back order
Notes left in online profile regarding situation and estimated restocking ETA
Forums updated with news on progress

If need be I am willing to do more. The #1 and #2 statements in our mission statement are as follows:

1. There may be a better way to do something than the way we do it. We will change to a new way as soon as it is brought to our attention and shown to clearly benefit both the customer and the business.

2. Change for the sake of change is undesirable. Change to improve service is invaluable.

This is gospel over here.

mdonders

ballin'
Car(s)
2008 2-Door Rabbit-S
Thanks Phil. I cannot wait to get my KSports and I appreciate the updates!