GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW GTI and Mazdaspeed 3

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
heh i actually feel exactly the opposite that you do..i actually think the exteriors not bad..its the interior thats a bit off to me..but i agree that its definitely a mini-wagon as opposed to hot hatch..its more to do with the windows which are also apparent on the a3 (US model) and wrx wagon

rukkus

i traded in a 2004 mazda3 hatch when i got my 2007 gti. they are both really good cars. i had zero issues with my mazda in the 30k miles i drove it for. hopefully i can say the same for my gti down the road.

as for looks? i like the side and rear exterior on the mazda and the interior and front exterior on the gti.

noobinacan

There is a GTi in the family now..one of my cousins and I'll post pics once weather breaks...(snow and sleet up here)
I like the GTi and all the bells and whistles it has. Also like the DSG.
I think the R32 should have been standard GTi and VW should have made the R32 even faster and better...my 2 cents

but for now :p

eurotrash.

i has candy
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
ugh that front end for the MS3 looks awesome, i love the ms3, esp in black or white
sometimes i wish i had test drove one before i got the GTI

weird how everyone who owns a GTI here says something about wanting a MS3 at one point or another

Trade-n-games

Ready to race!
My first post! I own a 08 blue R32. I just sold my 2001 Mazda MP3. I got it new and 90,000 miles later never had a single problem and was just about to by a new Speed 3 in black. I love the speed 3 if you have had a chance to drive one its very very fast. the fit and finish is great also. And you can get on for $25,000 out the door. I am not made of money and I still decided to get a new R32. I guess I am a little older "35" and the R32 sold me with nice smooth power band and the nicest interior in it class. Both cars look about the same so my kids say

noobinacan

ha
Thanks for the positive responses.
I drive a lot between Buffalo and Toronto and have seen some nicely done up GTi's on my drive...its obvious.
-Tint
-wheels
-little emblems here and there...and of course washed and clean.
and we usually end up giving each other a nod and thumbs up :drinking:

I know the GTi's are a little low on power but make up with a lot of other cool features (ahm - DSG, Xenon's, heated washer nozzles..etc etc)

My brother was split between the MS3 and the GTi as well...and went with the GTi. To him it was a clear choice and it made sense as a family car.
so it comes down to what fits your life style better.

also. keep in mind the MS3 has been plagued with a serious issue:
ENGINE DROP-
that's right. our driver side engine mount has been breaking (loose bolt and no loctite from factory) and motor's been dropping straight to the FLO while you are cruising down the freeway...:mad0259:

they finally issued a recall and fixed it.
and then there was a recall to fix the air intake main fold solenoid that fired a cell and cause the engine light to come on. (very very minor)

But other than that- nothing major. (touch wood)

more pics to come with the GTi once the weather breaks :D

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
My first post! I own a 08 blue R32. I just sold my 2001 Mazda MP3. I got it new and 90,000 miles later never had a single problem and was just about to by a new Speed 3 in black. I love the speed 3 if you have had a chance to drive one its very very fast. the fit and finish is great also. And you can get on for $25,000 out the door. I am not made of money and I still decided to get a new R32. I guess I am a little older "35" and the R32 sold me with nice smooth power band and the nicest interior in it class. Both cars look about the same so my kids say

Whats a 2001 MP3???? Mazda made a 626, pickup, MPV, Miata, Millenia, Protege and Tribute in 2001...

Trade-n-games

Ready to race!
Whats a 2001 MP3???? Mazda made a 626, pickup, MPV, Miata, Millenia, Protege and Tribute in 2001...

It was a fancy Protege tuned by Racing beat. It came out before the turbo speeds. It was a nice car showed it all over the country. It was yellow and had the crazy Taxi theme at all the NOPI shows for years. I was parked with POLK audio most of the time. It was a very limited car 1000 in blue and 500 in yellow. I did good with it sold it for almost $9000 and turned that money righ into R32 + dealer took almost $3000 of VW

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
It was a fancy Protege tuned by Racing beat. It came out before the turbo speeds. It was a nice car showed it all over the country. It was yellow and had the crazy Taxi theme at all the NOPI shows for years. I was parked with POLK audio most of the time. It was a very limited car 1000 in blue and 500 in yellow. I did good with it sold it for almost $9000 and turned that money righ into R32 + dealer took almost $3000 of VW

RIGHT! I remember now!:thumbup: I feel kinda dumb now that I forgot about those. Maybe its because i just dont see proteges around.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
i like both cars but prefer the GTI

I will same the same and be Politicaly correct :thumbup:

Both have its own unique styling features. I would say the GTI looks more european thats why i like it.