GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
I don't know about difficulty, but it is definitely urgent. You REALLY don't want your timing belt breaking. Mine broke about 30,000 miles early because of a bad/noisy tensioner, and my mechanic told me I can have all new heads for $3k or a whole new engine for $5k, all before labor. After labor was added-in to the new engine, it was over $9000. Definitely get that replaced ASAP!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I don't know about difficulty, but it is definitely urgent. You REALLY don't want your timing belt breaking. Mine broke about 30,000 miles early because of a bad/noisy tensioner, and my mechanic told me I can have all new heads for $3k or a whole new engine for $5k, all before labor. After labor was added-in to the new engine, it was over $9000. Definitely get that replaced ASAP!

Hm, good point.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Buy why tho

Because mine will probably go boom in the near future (I didnt build it up at all, its all stock) and an ok condition used one is atleast $400. I figure if I never need it, I can turn around and easily triple my money into it or if I do need it I have a spare ready to go. Plus you NEVER see them in a DIY junk yard so I grabbed it just because.

I have lots of random junkyard parts i'll never use but are cool or can be re-sold for a profit. I probably go to a yard every two weeks or so just to poke around and look for random stuff I might need. My next project will be to design an electomechanical steering system to retrofit into other cars that uses a GM steering column. Hoping to test fit it on my DD MK4 and keep the cost at under $100 by using junk parts. Save some fuel by deleting P/S, make it into a kit that can be sold and have cool parts on my own car

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Because mine will probably go boom in the near future (I didnt build it up at all, its all stock) and an ok condition used one is atleast $400. I figure if I never need it, I can turn around and easily triple my money into it or if I do need it I have a spare ready to go. Plus you NEVER see them in a DIY junk yard so I grabbed it just because.

I have lots of random junkyard parts i'll never use but are cool or can be re-sold for a profit. I probably go to a yard every two weeks or so just to poke around and look for random stuff I might need. My next project will be to design an electomechanical steering system to retrofit into other cars that uses a GM steering column. Hoping to test fit it on my DD MK4 and keep the cost at under $100 by using junk parts. Save some fuel by deleting P/S, make it into a kit that can be sold and have cool parts on my own car

People use saturn vue (HHR is the same IIRC) parts for that. Electric power steering has has issues in performance applications, but for what you're looking for it should be fine.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
People use saturn vue (HHR is the same IIRC) parts for that. Electric power steering has has issues in performance applications, but for what you're looking for it should be fine.
Chevy cobalt, pontiac g6, anything on those smaller chassis run the eps setups

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk