GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Hatch Door Rattle

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
I just read through this sites rattle complaint history and couldn't find the one I have. Here goes. When the hatch is open, I can tap it with my fist and it stays quiet. When it's closed, the same fist bumping action causes a "buzzy-rattle" that is the one I hear when the car goes over rough pavement/bumps. I have tried adjusting the bumpers out as I read somewhere and put them back when that didn't fix anything. (I can't even get a .005" feeler gauge between the bumper and the pad when the hatch is closed anyway). I read that hatch vibration/noise can be related to the struts but if I whack 'em with a piece of wood they're quiet. I'm flummoxed! (Love that word!). Any ideas? Oh. Noisier on the drivers side than the passengers. I have closed terry-cloth towel material in various places between the door and seals and in re-testing, it makes no difference.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Das Gespenst,
Thank you for your answering my plea! So just to be clear, it's the inner hatch door panel clips that you are talking about?

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
i was hearing a bunch of rattling noises coming from the back hatch area i tied down checked everything back there didn't stop the rattle. it turned out to be the rear hatch lock mechanism that was loose tightened the two screws haven't heard the rattle since.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
You can also adjust the loop where the hatch locks to the body. The strike plate can be adjusted a decent amount. Buzzing does sound like the clips though.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Das Gespenst,
Thank you for your answering my plea! So just to be clear, it's the inner hatch door panel clips that you are talking about?

Correct, you will have to pull the inner hatch skin and look around in the door for the clips. It's a small pita but if it's driving you nuts it's worth it.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Сделай свой первый шаг к успеху в правильном направлении. Только актуальные системы образования и заработков, никакой воды!!! Выбор за тобой
Easybizzi39>>>

This is the most interesting advise I have ever received!:w00t:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
This is the most interesting advise I have ever received!:w00t:

I had to know, you were right.

Blarg

Blargy
Car(s)
Fahrenheit
I just read through this sites rattle complaint history and couldn't find the one I have. Here goes. When the hatch is open, I can tap it with my fist and it stays quiet. When it's closed, the same fist bumping action causes a "buzzy-rattle" that is the one I hear when the car goes over rough pavement/bumps. I have tried adjusting the bumpers out as I read somewhere and put them back when that didn't fix anything. (I can't even get a .005" feeler gauge between the bumper and the pad when the hatch is closed anyway). I read that hatch vibration/noise can be related to the struts but if I whack 'em with a piece of wood they're quiet. I'm flummoxed! (Love that word!). Any ideas? Oh. Noisier on the drivers side than the passengers. I have closed terry-cloth towel material in various places between the door and seals and in re-testing, it makes no difference.

Check the inner taillight housings. There is a round clear cover just inside the lens that can rattle like crazy. I have a photo of the backside of this taillight housing where you can clearly see the white powdery plastic around the clips..
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0207895460285273.1073741827.1259238737&type=3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Das Gespenst, o6RSGTI, drval85 & Blarg

I'm going to take the hatch apart this weekend and check all. I'll report back with what I find. Thanks!