GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Finished putting up a new vanity and built the magic mirror ive been collecting parts for. Its a TV I found on CL running on a Raspberry Pi3 with 2-way security glass in front to allow the light from the TV to shine through but the face to still be reflective. Still need to make a frame but its all up

well that's cool as shit.

Because that was hella old lol. My current hood doesn't have a notch.

I don't know if it's because I'm bias but I think the MKV front is the best looking GTI front.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Finished putting up a new vanity and built the magic mirror ive been collecting parts for. Its a TV I found on CL running on a Raspberry Pi3 with 2-way security glass in front to allow the light from the TV to shine through but the face to still be reflective. Still need to make a frame but its all up

Love that mirror, great job.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Great job. I want to see it running DOOM.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Going to take the 4 wheelers out next Friday since everyone and their brother is off.

Hopefully find the right wiring harness I need for this integra swap.

Get fucked up and rowdy.

So you know, the usual weekend for me.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hernia surgery, potentially.

You?

That sounds awful. Unless the hernia is super painful, then it sounds relieving.

Sister will be in town. Nothing crazy though. Maybe go to an ugly party event at a place in Woodstock.

Nice. My mom, dad, and brother are flying down to the ATL from PA, so I took next week off. They don't sound like they want to do a bunch of touristy stuff, so it will probably be a pretty chill week.

Going to take the 4 wheelers out next Friday since everyone and their brother is off.

Hopefully find the right wiring harness I need for this integra swap.

Get fucked up and rowdy.

So you know, the usual weekend for me.

Hahaha :thumbsup:

My wife and I bought a Cricut that lets you load your own vector files, so I'll be custom cutting some vinyl for the MK7.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Doesn't really hurt, kind of like a muscle strain. Surgery is done via a robot thing with tiny incisions, DDR said like 2 or 3 days of downtime, shouldn't be terrible.

How'd it go?

P.s. Do you still have the stock Classix from your MKV? I've been looking for a set for the MK7.

Me too. I keep getting distracted doing other things like remodeling a bathroom

I mean, realistically, you could shit in a bucket outside. Priorities, man.