GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOW to install 2007 GTI OEM 18" Rims on MKV R32 brake pads and rotors?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Hi,
I have 2007 GTI 2.0T FSI, I want to upgrade the GTI brake pads and rotors to MKV R32 brake pads and rotors.

I am running the OEM 18" rims (18"x7.5 ET51 5x112) but I am not sure that it will fit with the MKV R32 brake pads and rotors, and I don't want to install spacers.

145394_x800.jpg

Anyone tried it before, or HOW to install 2007 GTI OEM 18" Rims on MKV R32 brake pads and rotors?

If any suggestions regarding another VW BIG brake pads and rotors are welcome, I have a used yard near to me so definitely it will be cheaper than an aftermarket Big Brakes.

Thanks...

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
They fit over .:R32 brakes without spacers, read that the 17" denver wheels do as well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hi,
I have 2007 GTI 2.0T FSI, I want to upgrade the GTI brake pads and rotors to MKV R32 brake pads and rotors.

I am running the OEM 18" rims (18"x7.5 ET51 5x112) but I am not sure that it will fit with the MKV R32 brake pads and rotors, and I don't want to install spacers.

View attachment 95817

Anyone tried it before, or HOW to install 2007 GTI OEM 18" Rims on MKV R32 brake pads and rotors?

If any suggestions regarding another VW BIG brake pads and rotors are welcome, I have a used yard near to me so definitely it will be cheaper than an aftermarket Big Brakes.

Thanks...

Tight but they fit without spacers. I run Hawk HPS pads on the street and Hawk HP+ on track days. I do not run Detroits but bostonaudi did run R32 front calipers with Detroits. I like mine and I do have the Tyrolsport stiffner kit.

Post about R32 and Detroits

Running them with stock blanks and HPS pads is least expensive and gives you good value for street. HP+ or DTC-50 for track gives you a huge upgrade for track work but they are of course dusty and noisy for street.

Going with 2 piece rotors and Endless MX-72 pads is the best way to go but also adds quite a bit more expense and then you start getting closer in price to other solutions.

I plan on moving back to Endless pads over the HPS but I am just waiting for them to be available. I used them with the stock GTI calipers and loved them though they were 350 a set.

Pic of my setup. Really like mine.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks a lot Lary for your reply. I will read the thread you sent.
I see that you are running R calipers but I don't know the rotors size. Is is the GTI standard size or R size?
What's rotors size you run?
Also do you think I can run the R calipers on my Brembo GTI size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf R / R32 front calipers and rotors are the same. R/R32 Rotors are 345 x 30 which you need if running R/R32 front calipers, GTI front rotors are 312 x 25.

You would need specific R/R32 sized rotors. The Golf R or R32 calipers bolt up you just need the R/R32 brakeline.

I used all that and stock R/R32 dust covers. They have been great.

Next I will go with R32 rear brakes. They use a 310mm rotor vs the stock GTI size of 286

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Yeah!
I have the Brembo Sport Drilled Front Rotors (312 x 25) & the rear too, I will check what's available in the yard and I will let you know.
The main thing that I don't know how I will do is what bostonaudi regarding the part of clearing the lower part of the caliper, and scale weighting because of do knock >7 lb off stock R32 rotor :iono:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3783512&postcount=72

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Update...
Good news!
I tried my 18" OEM wheels on my friends 2013 Seat Cupra R 20 and it fits without any problem :)

Sorry for the bad photos but it was around 11:00pm.

The R32 calipers I found are grey color, any suggestions about painting material, way, tips and tricks or DIY?

I will try to finish the installation tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk