GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another one saying goodbye

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
It's my time to say goodbye to the MKV family.

I got married a couple months ago, and whit all the changes going in my life I decided that the car needed to go and traded it in for something a little bit more fuel efficient and new, but still inside the VAG group.

So here's my new SEAT Ibiza FR with the little 1.2 TSI engine. It only has 105bhp which is a hughe dissadvantage on the 2.0T, but since I no longer drove fast and my daily commute is basically fender-to-fender traffic with some small traffic-free sections, it makes no sense to have so much power wasted.

Besides, it looks awesomely cool :happyanim:

It's been a fun 6 years reading, writing, laughing my ass off at what you guys came up to, but it's time to change and I'll for sure will take so many good memories and thank you so much for all the knowledge and good moments.

There's a chance I'll come and say hi from time to time, but if anyone needs me, I'm always a PM away :thumbsup:

Here are some pics of the new toy for anyone who doesn't have a clue on what the hell a SEAT Ibiza is :bellyroll:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
One of the only real active Mexicans (dont really know if you're Mexican or not) around here, Good luck with the new ride
Thanks dude
And yeah, proudly mexican, but as I said, I still get PM notifications on my mail so I'll gladly help answering what I can whenever is needed (still do that on a Renault forum even after 6.5 years)

1.2L. What is the fuel consumption like?
I only have three days since I got the car, but it's supposed to be quite close to 30 MPG combined, I seriously doubt it with a 5spd manual but we'll see.

I didn't know Seat was sold in Mexico. I figured they'd have the same lines as US.
You would be surprised the amount of cars we get this side of the border that you can't find anywhere else in the continent, but at the same time we're missing some sweet rides like the Toyobaru and VW R's :thumbdown:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Those new 1.2TSI cars should be pretty good on MPG´s, a friend of mine has about the same car but with the 7-speed DSG, that thing is smooth.

You would be surprised the amount of cars we get this side of the border that you can't find anywhere else in the continent, but at the same time we're missing some sweet rides like the Toyobaru and VW R's :thumbdown:

I didn't know Seat was sold in Mexico. I figured they'd have the same lines as US.

We do get SEAT cars, but not the complete line, there are a few versions not sold on Mexico market, for the new Leon Cupra, there is a special pack/edition that set a FWD record in Nurburgring a few months ago (now taken by Renault), that version is not sold here, we get the Leon Cupra, but not the top of the line options.

It is no RWD but still...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Congrats on the marriage. I think you should have kept your GTI though, you could have saved a bunch of money.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Congrats on the marriage. I think you should have kept your GTI though, you could have saved a bunch of money.
Well the GTI was already 6 years old. Insurance is almost the same for both cars and the Ibiza is a lot more fuel efficient. Also the GTI was due for new tires, brakes, suspension bushings and timing chain service in a few months so in the end is not that much more what I'm spending.

The GTI is probably the best car I ever had, but it was time to let it go.

Congrats... On both accounts.. Stick around.

Yeah, I think I'll be lurking around from time to time. This is still a great place to be even if every day is less populated.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I like the new car, looks cool. Makes me wish we got SEAT in the US.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Those new 1.2TSI cars should be pretty good on MPG´s, a friend of mine has about the same car but with the 7-speed DSG, that thing is smooth.

We do get SEAT cars, but not the complete line, there are a few versions not sold on Mexico market, for the new Leon Cupra, there is a special pack/edition that set a FWD record in Nurburgring a few months ago (now taken by Renault), that version is not sold here, we get the Leon Cupra, but not the top of the line options.

It is no RWD but still...

Didn't they have the original Beetle and MK1s there until just recently?

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Didn't they have the original Beetle and MK1s there until just recently?

The beetle's production ended in 2003, Mk1 ended their cycle shortly after the rest of the world, perhaps you're thinking on the Jetta Pioneer (Mk2) that was sold in China till last year.

But yeah, we have some heavily facelifted MK4 here still for sale under the name Jetta Clasico, and Nissan Sentras B13 called Tsuru.
At the same time you can order a La Ferrari from the dealer if you wanted and had the money for it :iono: so take that as a sample of the diversity we have down here.