GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question Re: Highline CECM and MFSW

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
I have a midline CECM and recently retrofitted a mk5 steering wheel. In order to get the rest of the buttons to work (besides volume up/down and I have the RNS510) do I need to get a highline CECM or and I simply S.O.L. I know I won't be able to see anything in the menus as I don't have the display. But would this fix it and if I can find the radio menu blindly it may work? Just wondered if anyone has tried it or has retrofitted a MFSW into a non-highline CECM car with all the buttons working.

Well if you've got vol+/- working (and star is mute/unmute), then there's hope of getting the others to work. You'll most likely need the highline since you'll have no idea what menu you're in at a given time. The only purpose for the arrow, menu, and ok buttons are to navigate those menus which then control other things like the radio. Without the highline though, the only purpose would be to change radio stations and I feel like it would be easier to move your hand a few inches and do it manually than figure out what menu you're in and hope for the best.

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Haha, yeah I know it is only a few inches.... I was simply wondering if someone had done this or something. If I can pick up a cheap CECM sure but I won't are to spend much no.
I appreciate you input!

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Since you don't have a MFD you will only ever get the volume buttons to work unless you swap the cluster, the CCM and the CECM. I have a highline CECM, MFSW but lowline cluster and only the volume buttons work.

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Well thank you. That is precisely what I was looking for. Glad to not waist any more time.