GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wtf just asked a question

Myfast_GTI

Super User
Well nice to know this board is x rated...however didn't know Gti took only premium so ...will probably go with the 2008 5sp 2.5 ...dealer said it a 4cylthought they were all 5 cyl...anyway what is the cheapest way to get it chipped for better performance I'm a musician an on a budget...thanks newbie

I hope your musical language skills are better than your English.

xola3que

euroturd
this thread is so full of fails that just makes my head hurt.

MkvMatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Gti
Why are you worrying about the gas price when the difference is so minimal? Worry about the insurance for the Gti, or how much more your payment would be. Listen to everyone else and just buy a Honda or something cheap and reliable. If you are worried about an extra twenty cents I doubt you would be able to afford the routine maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Because college classes are boring

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
you get enough better MPGs out of premium on the 2.5 to offset the cost. If you wanna run 87 please don't buy a VW. Its my personal opinon that pump gas should go 91/92/94 as anything less means the manufacturer is leaving too much efficiency on the table. The 2.5 is advertised as 87 friendly but it really isn't if you run the logs.

Last edited:

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
The GTI gets better fuel mileage than the 2.5 so you will lose more on mileage than you would save on gas. The gains aren't insignificant on the 2.5 with a chip if you have intake and exhaust which is about $1500 total. But the Rabbit is still slightly slower than a stock GTI. On the upside the 2.5 is significantly more reliable and sounds better than the 2.0t. If you can get the GTI for the same money and it is in good condition, get the GTI. BUUUUUUUTTTT, I like watching motherfuckers get flamed up in this rated x bitch.