GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY S3 Diverter valve relocation install - FSI

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Threw together a how to for anyone looking to do a OEM diverter valve relocation.

I am doing mine in preparation for a K04 install this upcoming spring.

I am using a forge DV, but everything would be done the same for a stock DV.

In order for this to work with my current, K03 setup, I installed a block off on a stock dv, on my turbo. I didn't add pics for this. Pretty self explanatory and if you go K04, you wouldn't have to do this anyway.

First couple pics, turbo inlet pipe as compared to stock. Note the angle of the inlet.

Next, turbo inlet pipe installed on the turbo.

Next up, stock (with noisepipe) throttle body pipe. I fitted a piece of tubing I cut from the noise pipe hose. It's about 4" long. I used a straight piece, although you could use a 45degree bend here as well.

Here's my forge DV fitted to the flange. I assembled it all on the flange first, for test fitting.

Here's the connected forge DV.

Stock DV for reference.

Engine cover off, house routing.

Here's the harness extension I made. I couldn't justify the $40 or so it costs to put together a stock harness. I picked up a couple pairs of weather proof connectors and made my own. At a cost of about $5. And it's set up so that I can reattach the dv plug to the stock wiring. I used shring tubing on the entire harness.

Here's a couple shots of my electrical wire routing.

Here's a couple finished shots.

That's about it. Hope this helps someone.

vagike

where did you order the parts through?
rough cost?
delivery time?

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
First of all, props to vdubn.com for posting the "comprehensive K04 upgrade thread". That's where I got all my part numbers.

I got everything OEM from ECS. The first two parts were special ordered, so I had to wait about two months to get them. I placed the order mid October and I got them last week. Iy looks like they have a wider variety of substitute parts now though, so they may have more on hand now.

$120 for the turbo inlet pipe and the dv flange (ECS)
$100 for the recirculation pipe (ECS)
$5 for the electrical connectors (ebay)
$30 for the DV blockoff for the stock turbo

I already had the throttle pipe from my stock noisepipe setup. I bought the forge DV from a user on here.

I didn't really notice any difference in throttle response with the new setup. I wasn't expecting any actually. I've read that off-boost, on-boost transitions are supposed to be quicker. Negligible difference IMHO. Something about cooler air to the engine as it has been intercooled and directed from the throttle body.

My only tangible goal here was to prep for the K04.

HOP929

VEE DUBSTEP'N
Car(s)
07 GTI FSI
where did you get the block off plate for the turbo. im just going vent mine to atmosphere since i dont have a hook up flange on my twin take. its set up for one just doesnt have the pipe nipple

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

HOP929

VEE DUBSTEP'N
Car(s)
07 GTI FSI
yeah i plan on using that s3 90 deg flange then hooking that to the noise pipe then make an extension harness to use the electronic dv. so same thing you did but used the noise pipe and electro dv.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bump.

OP, I want to thank you for writing one of the most informative, clear how-tos I've ever seen. Much, much appreciated.

I just went K04 with an S3 style turbo, and I am currently trying to figure out how to return to my stock airbox while still using a DV relocation setup and Forge vacuum operated DV. I was using an EVOMS intake mated to a BSH dv kit which doesn't seem to pair well with the MAF-sensitive APR K04 kit, resulting in tons of misfires. I am hoping going back to the stock airbox will resolve those MAF issues, and now the only way I can get back to my stock airbox is if I can find a way to mount my Forge DV since my stock DV no longer has a place to go (since the K04 turbo doesn't have a place for it to mount).

It's a confusing topic, but this thread and all of your pictures have clarified a lot of things for me. Thanks again!

yeah i plan on using that s3 90 deg flange then hooking that to the noise pipe then make an extension harness to use the electronic dv. so same thing you did but used the noise pipe and electro dv.

Did you ever do this? Curious how it turned out.