GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor Mount Spacers?

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
If you look on the mk4 forums on vortex you'll see they have motor mount spacers and hybrid pans to protect their oilpans and what not. Ive noticed alot of mk5s with broken oilpans on here and on vortex lately so ive been wondering if anyone knows of motor mount spacers for mk5s that will raise the oilpan? Did a few searches and came up with nothing

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
someone needs to make a hybrid pan already

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW

Fale

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy at euro image is currently looking into spacers like those for the mk4 guys. If there is enough interest / need for these then in to production they go. If you guys want to post up opinions in here, ill be sure to relay them to him.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
just remember, the higher the engine goes, the higher the axles go as well.. so keep the frame rail in mind when doing this

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
just remember, the higher the engine goes, the higher the axles go as well.. so keep the frame rail in mind when doing this

if the engine brings the axle with it, won't the axle bring the wheels with it? which will keep the road the same distance from the oil pan, and defeat the purpose of this mod? or am i missing something?

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
they will be bent at more of an angle

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
My buddy at euro image is currently looking into spacers like those for the mk4 guys. If there is enough interest / need for these then in to production they go. If you guys want to post up opinions in here, ill be sure to relay them to him.

might want to check into that cause euro image already has mk4 engine spacers on their site

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
FYI, the MK4 and MK5 passenger side mount are essentially the same so the same spacer can be used. The other mounts are most likely not similar enough to interchange this part.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
here's a better idea, don't go so low and spend your money on going faster

SoLowItHurts

Banned
they will be bent at more of an angle
wrong, they will be at less of an angle
if the engine brings the axle with it, won't the axle bring the wheels with it? which will keep the road the same distance from the oil pan, and defeat the purpose of this mod? or am i missing something?

the axles flex, and sit at an angle so when you raise the engine you're only raising the engine side of the axle, not the wheel side.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
I have a buddy that does CNC for an aerospce company here.