GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to troubleshoot a TPMS fault (01521)

Zuhaib

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Well I have a weird issue, a few days ago I dropped off my car (07 GTI, with 51k on the clock so just out of warranty) for service at a indy shop for oil change and found a nail in the tire. They had the car sent out to a tire shop to get repaired and came back fine. After getting home, I took the car out and on the freeway had the tire warning flashing at me.
Taking it in to the shop they first said it could be the battery dead, but the tire shop cant be. So the first shop ran VAG-Com and came up with this error.

01521 Sensor for Tire Pressure
004- No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01110100
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1

Now the problem is according to this http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01521 it should have no data on what tire it is. But speaking wit the dealer they "claim" if they run the code check they can tell me but its $90. The tire shop is going to try to take a stab at it tomorrow morning but the guy said he is not sure how to test to see if its the tire they repaired that failed or just over time it failed on a different tire.
What to you guys think I should do? Just leave it in the hands of the tire shop and see if they can figure, or take to the indy shop and have them try out the idea by ross tech on inflating the tire and checking the values. If its the tire they fixed I want them to make it better, if its something else then I will just ask the indy shop to turn off TPMS.
Thanks,
Zuhaib