GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

carPC steering wheel controls

Golfdubcrazy

Thus the reason I need a better scanner and want some recomendation so far sounds like usbcan

And also has anyone tryed sending information to the instrument cluser display I got the FIS and it's would be nice

GTI_Fahrenheit_859

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I tried cleaning up the translation from german. It is now a little better.

Attachments

• MFD Translation.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 990

Golfdubcrazy

Another thing I got a vag-com hex-can-USB cable and I know this is a good cable. Does anyone know how to access this cable to send cammands through it iv been trying and have even found a few programs that use it but iv have had no luck. I and talking about the new intelegent interface

I also have a crap vagk-can commander and been trying to use the can off that still no luck with that either

If anyone has anyideas on making these work it would be help full thanks

wireb

Just a noob with a welder
Well had some free time this afternoon and finished up the raw card design for the can sniffer.

Later this week I will try and finish up the bill of material with Digikey part numbers.

Supported firmware (so far):
general snoop (Dumps what ever is on the bus out the serial port in raw hex)
button decode (watches for just button presses and sends out "Bx" where x = the button number when a button is pressed)

Other stuff:
Example perl code and a firmware update utility (yes you can swap firmware on the fly.)

If anyone is interested I am willing to order some. Minimum order is 6 sniffers for $15 plus shipping each (just the raw card no parts installed.) I am willing to buy one of the 6 (want to verify the raw card + the prototype is already looking a little ratty from pulling it in and out of the car).

Here are the logic and board files. (click on the thumbnail to get the bigger image. If still too small right click and go view image to zoom in even more)

wireb

Finished the BOM (bill of material) and it came out slightly over $35.

Format was lost when I tried to post it so converted to .csv
Just paste in a text file, rename to .csv, and then open with your favorite spreadsheet program.

Q,value,Digikey PN,ref deg,$ each,$ sub total,,notes
5,.1uF,BC1148CT-ND,"C1,3,4,5,14",,$0.66,,.066 min order 10
7,1uF,BC1151CT-ND,"C6,7,9,10,11,12,13",,$1.78,,.178 min order 10
2,10uF,478-5813-ND,"c8,15",$0.70,$1.40,,
3,,160-1705-ND,"D1,2,3",$0.09,$0.27,,
1,female,A35107-ND,J1,$2.04,$2.04,,
1,49k,49.9KXBK-ND,R1,$0.53,$0.53,,.106 min order 5
3,120,120QBK-ND,"R2,3,4",,$0.32,,.064 min order 5
2,100k,100KQBK-ND,"R6,7",,$0.32,,.064 min order 5
1,PIC16F876,PIC16F876A-I/SP-ND,U1,$6.16,$6.16,,
1,MCP2515,MCP2515-I/P-ND,U2,$1.98,$1.98,,
1,MCP2551,MCP2551-I/P-ND,U3,$1.12,$1.12,,
1,MAX232,296-1402-5-ND,U4,$1.16,$1.16,,
1,LM7805,LM7805CT-ND,U5,$0.43,$0.43,,
1,20MHz 5V,X220-ND,X1,$2.13,$2.13,,
1,,raw card,,$15.00,$15.00,,
,,,,,$35.30,Total

I am leaving town next week for work so not much will happen that week. Once I get back I will clean up the firmware and get the "bus snoop" and "button decode" posted.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
If anyone is interested I am willing to order some. Minimum order is 6 sniffers for $15 plus shipping each (just the raw card no parts installed.) I am willing to buy one of the 6 (want to verify the raw card + the prototype is already looking a little ratty from pulling it in and out of the car).

Unfortunately I do not need 5 of your boards @ $15/ea.

But if you could arrange some sort of group buy, I'd be in for one @ $15-20. And I am trusting enough fool to front you the cash. Wonder if there are 4+ other such fools out there?

wireb

Unfortunately I do not need 5 of your boards @ $15/ea.

But if you could arrange some sort of group buy, I'd be in for one @ $15-20. And I am trusting enough fool to front you the cash. Wonder if there are 4+ other such fools out there?

Yea I was not expecting anyone to buy 5 (Hmm A different GTI for every day of the work week...) As for fronting the cash I am willing to order and test the first one. I would just want payment before I shipped them out. I just want to make sure there are buyers for them before I order them. I have a few stacks of raw cards where I ended up ordering 3 to 6 of them and only used one or two :(

wireb

So far up to 3 takers
Me (wireb)
GTI Fahrenheit
nhbubba

3 more and I will send out the order :)
Feel free to spread the word to any other forums if you think they may be interested.

wireb

Since it is just the raw card postage would be under $3 for normal snail mail. Priority mail would be more (by a lot almost $15 for the same size / weight package)

If that sounds good to you just leave another post and I will add you to the list.

Golfdubcrazy

Hi yep that's fine with me I got all the time in the world and any chance you can send me all the componets required obveriously I'll pay for all the bits thanks

wireb

Once I have enough folks interested I am willing to do a bulk order on the bits as well.

Current thoughts:
1.) Raw card only $15 + shipping
2.) Raw card + programed micro $25 ish(see note) + shipping
3.) Raw card + all parts (un-assembled) $45 ish(see note) + shipping

Note
The ish above will move based on how many folks order part kits and how much digikey charges me to ship the parts down. Usually I just take the shipping / taxes and divide by the number of folks getting parts. Numbers above should be on the high side (I hope :)