GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MDI & VW/Skoda Integrated Bluetooth on the RNS 510

Morgs

GE90-115BL
Car(s)
GT
Just had them both installed by Joel from McCarrolls VW Hornsby (Sydney). The MDI works flawlessly with my IPOD. It displays track, artist, album, etc on the RNS 510.

The voice activated bluetooth again integrates and works perfectly with the RNS 510. It is now a real beauty.

The installation wasn't expensive, they know what there doing and I even supplied the parts.

Photos attached

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7,579
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7,275
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5,463
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 5,350
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5,658
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,300
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 5,341
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6,112
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5,445

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Nice one! Is the MDI a VW thing for the I-POD me likey the fact you can scroll through the whole POD and not just the first 6 playlists :thumbup: Oh does it also play I-POD videos through the screen?

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Norah Jones and Midnight Oil...I feel better already!

Dingah

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
Just had them both installed by Joel from McCarrolls VW Hornsby (Sydney). The MDI works flawlessly with my IPOD. It displays track, artist, album, etc on the RNS 510.

The voice activated bluetooth again integrates and works perfectly with the RNS 510. It is now a real beauty.

The installation wasn't expensive, they know what there doing and I even supplied the parts.

Photos attached

Hey Morgs, I'm interested in getting the VW integrated bluetooth installed. The usual questions. Where did you source your unit, how much and how much for the install? What sort of warranty did you get?

Morgs

GE90-115BL
Car(s)
GT

Morgs

GE90-115BL
Car(s)
GT
Nice one! Is the MDI a VW thing for the I-POD me likey the fact you can scroll through the whole POD and not just the first 6 playlists :thumbup: Oh does it also play I-POD videos through the screen?

No its a media unit for all types. It comes as standard with a cable that supports a USB connection; so external hard drives, USB sticks, etc.

An option is the cable for the IPOD, which works flawlessly, not just the 6 playlists

IPOD videos I'll try when I get around to it

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Dude!!! you have Advance Australia Fair as an MP3 in your car!!!

You are, without a doubt, the most patriotic person I have ever known! :bow:

On what occasion do you play it?

Just before the sporting events in the back seat??? (the horizontal hammer throwing)

It'd be a little hard to stand at attention (puns intended) :biggrin:

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Most likley a 'cover' for 'that' video of Morgs, the nun, bicycle pump and the DFAT staffer................

Dingah

Morgs

GE90-115BL
Car(s)
GT

Just before the sporting events in the back seat??? (the horizontal hammer throwing)

Thanks guy's, however I think it may have been on one of those compilation Christmas CD's, that has everything from Waltzing Matilda to Advance Australia Fair that the wife purchased as a present for me many years ago.

Morgs

GE90-115BL
Car(s)
GT
Finally got around to loading a movie onto my IPOD, to see if you can play movies through the MDI as well, only to be told by Itunes that my IPOD isn't a video version, which it's not. Just goes to show how many videos I watch through it; sorry Hilton can't help out.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR

:rolleyes:

way make us look good :lol:

Kermit955

Passed Driver's Ed

I am using a 160 gb ipod video with the MDI. It can only play the audio from the videos. Still happy with it. If you want to watch the video you have to purchase an aux cable to connect to the MDI unit and just use the ipod screen.