GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

a little help guys

vdubin16

Ready to race!
hey guys,
so i wanna get new wheels for my bmp gti, but im bit on a budget. so i was wondering if anyone can suggest some nice looking wheels for a good price or maybe if anyone knows a good wheel and tire package. i really like black wheels on the bmp gti, but if anyone has some suggetions i would greatly appreciate it

-thank you

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
what is your budget?

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Keep an eye on the classifieds section. It's your best bet to find some good wheels at a good price.

Also, what wheels are you running right now? If you want, you can either get your wheels painted or powder coated black. Often times you can take a stock wheel and make it look unique just by changing the color. It's good for those on a budget.

I actually painted my Denvers black, which was pretty neat. Once I got sick of those I found a set of wheels that needed a refinish and did that myself. Saved myself a bunch of money and have 2 sets of wheels now. It's a good route to go if you know some one who can paint or refinish wheels.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
x2
whats you budget.?
plus you are like me in nj. wait til after winter to buy whells and save you money until then. i just bought a set now i get to look at them in my room till next spring

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
HELP

help <---- heres your little help :thumbsup:

HELP

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Ok, i'm a wanker, i know :lol:

vdubin16

Ready to race!
well im thinking somewhere around a grand but that includes tires

vdubin16

Ready to race!
also i wanna drop my car a little bit, but im afraid of rubbing. i know vw sells lowering springs, does anyone know if theyre any good? also, did u guys install ur dprings urself or did u take them to a garage

-thanks

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
I have Eibach Sportlines. Installed them myself and I'm running 17" wheels with a 225/45/17 tire. No rubbing at all. If you stay within the recommend factory wheel specs (45 series with 17's, 40 with 18's, etc.) then you'll be just fine. If you're not very mechanically inclined or don't have the tools, the spring install will be a very difficult. However, it can be done if you have tools and patience.

vdubin16

Ready to race!
well me and dad did a few ground up restoration(1954 MG TF and a 1973 triumph GT6) so i think we would be able to change the springs ourselves

...darcness can u maybe post up some pics of car just to get an idea

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
well im thinking somewhere around a grand but that includes tires

def doable i bought privat Netz for 175 each. my tires were expensive so it was more than a grand. but if you cheap out on tires there is alot of wheels you could get for under a G look at the privat reaseve (at discount tire direct)
that was my 2nd choice .