GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inner headlight issue?

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I could not find any info.

I have noticed that the inner headlight on my Xenon’s does not turn on no matter what I do. Is this to be expected? Do I just have a blown or missing fuse or something :iono:

GoBlueVDubDude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV, Red
Those are the "flash to pass" lights. They only come on when you pull the headlight stalk towards you, while your headlights are not turned on (I may be wrong here - could be they only come on when the headlights are off). Don't worry, your car is fine.

The "flash to pass" thing is used extensively in Europe, however most Americans don't know what the hell to do when you flash your headlights when trying to pass. :rolleyes:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Try flashing your high beams with your foglights off. If your foglights are on, they won't do anything. You high beams will just be your xenon projectors tilted up.

I hope I explained that correctly :redface:

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
nomios said:
I have noticed that the inner headlight on my Xenon’s does not turn on no matter what I do. Is this to be expected? Do I just have a blown or missing fuse or something

Was the function of these lights not explained in the OM? Is it missing from the lighting section? What does it say about the flash to pass feature?

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Ok, GoBlueVDubDude is correct.

If your headlights are in the off position, flashing the headlight activates that inner light. If the headlights are in the on position, flashing the headlights just makes the xenon projectors brighter.

The feature is pretty much never used here, and could possibly get you killed :wink: {sarcasm}

Thanks

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, kinda a waste here in the states. People generally aren't that polite that you can flash to pass.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Well, my "fast" tells me to use them alot here in oman, and i usually obey it:biggrin: