GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air box pics

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Here are some pics of the Factory Air Box in its two pieces. You can see how the entire cover for the motor is the air box and why the car doesn't really make too much sound from it.
If there was a way to block part of the giant air box off and just have the air go to the filter you would have a winner maybe.

GTI2007

but I would change the stock air filter for an aftermarket one like that one from BMC and then in combination with the CAI from Carbonio or the CDA Airbox from BMC. That would make the airsupply much better then with the original air filter and intake

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
you are better off waiting for the new evolution ms v2 intake it looks nicer and performs better...

yeah i think the EVO looks better also.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
GTI2007 said:
But I live in Belgium (Europe) so mostly I never would be able to buy that new evolution ms v2 intake

Damn! i forgot about the distance.. i think this applies to me as well:frown:

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
Im new to the induction scene, but i have a hard time believing that modern turbocharged engines are suffuring from an improper cylinder fill. When your talking about flow (induction) helping engine performance (other than the design of the manifold) you are refering to the fact that the cylinder is not receiving enough air (do not confuse with density which is more related to tempature). Remember that the purpose of a turbo is to pressurize the intake a.k.a. "it's deVfinently suckin" (best impersonation of the gti girl....i know it sucks thats my point). I guess what im saying is that when your dealing with bolt-on intake performance tempature is more of an issue with the stock box than induction, although i do believe stock filters are the flaw in stock application. Ok now that ive said all this i must state that im new to the tuning market and have no real data to back up my statements these are just theories based on the little knowledge i have on na engine behavior. Please dont take threat to this post none is intendid. I would also like feedback if my statement is in anyway wrong or misleading.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The better the car can take in air and release it the more power it will increase. The cooler the air the better. The motor is nothing more than a fancy air pump.