GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sign in here - what are you planning on ordering or have already ordered??

EK_Turbo

Ready to race!
not_ed said:
Just waitin for the R32. What's the buzz on pricin'?

There's two schools of thought on the R32 I think. #1 is that the R32 is definitely not coming but there may be a R36 coming sometime in 2007. #2 is that VW is waiting to see how the GTI sells in the US/Canada before deciding on whether to bring R32 here. I've seen the first theory more often than the second for what it's worth.

deadhead

Ready to race!
I'm planning on buying a 5-door GTI later this year. Candy white, package 1 w/XM, 17" wheels. I'll be replacing a 99 Passat 1.8t/5-speed wagon w/157,000 miles on it.

rickerbr

Ready to race!
Waiting to order a 5dr in Tornado Red, Pkg 2 with Sirius, 18s and DSG (maybe). Going to be my daily driver/track day play car. It will replace my 96 Cabrio daily driver and my wife's 1.8T New Beetle Convertible 5 speed that she is "tired of shifting in traffic, why did you make me get a manual?" She just wants to drive our Grand Cherokee daily, but if I get a GTI out of it, it's cool with me.

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Ordered a Candy White GTI with 18s this morning. ETA is 6 months. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. :thumbup: :clap:

Will be sure to post pics and stuff when I finally take delivery. :wink:

not_ed

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
EK_Turbo said:
There's two schools of thought on the R32 I think. #1 is that the R32 is definitely not coming but there may be a R36 coming sometime in 2007. #2 is that VW is waiting to see how the GTI sells in the US/Canada before deciding on whether to bring R32 here. I've seen the first theory more often than the second for what it's worth.
From Intellichoice:

2007 Volkswagen Golf
High-performance R32 model joins the Golf and GTI.

Maybe they know something? I see it a coupla other places, too. Spoke to my local dealer, & they say they haven't heard anything yet.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Planning on ordering a Black Magic GTI (not keen on having that contrasting nose, and having a black car makes it match with the black lower panels) with Package 0 and 6-speed manual (will consider DSG, but not likely). Would be happy with either a 3-door or a 5-door. And since it'll probably be winter when I order and take delivery, I'll ask if the dealer will cut me a break on tires if I drop-ship winter tires to the dealer to mount on the OEM 17" rims.

Planning on doing an APR chip with FlipSwitch, OEM Euro springs and then lightweight 17" or 18" rims (leaning towards 17" rims, since the roads aren't the best around here). Probably only cosmetic mods I'll do are smoke the taillights and replace the shift knob (I have a nice Momo knob that I like). And then have Hawk HP+ brake pads for track days.

Last edited:

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
Planning on getting Red or Black. 3 door, still unsure about DSG, leather, heated seats.

I'll be getting it when the hype wears of a little bit and the dealers have them in stock so I can get a good deal. Paying it cash so every dollar counts.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
took the boring n cheap option. ordered a 1.4 s. should be with me end of the month. cannot wait!

anyone know any normal golf mk5 websites?

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
newtogolf said:
took the boring n cheap option. ordered a 1.4 s. should be with me end of the month. cannot wait!

anyone know any normal golf mk5 websites?

Welcome to the site!

This is a MKV Golf site (meaning GTI and non-GTI). The normal Golf may eventually make it here to the US as well, so this forum is for all MKV Golfs :smile:

isaaco

ohhh I'm so jealous of you guys with the GTIs already. I think I'm going to get a Candy White 3door DSG auto, with no packages. I'm in Hawaii so we only have 2 dealers so I hope I can get a good deal close to invoice. I'm also thinking about black or gray :O. Just can't decide! :drool:

Atcq110

My united gray package 1 gti is going in with the next orderd placed at the dealership I work at. Getting it for $100 over invoice.

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone,
new to the site and would recommend it to anyone interested in MkV.
Have ordered a Candy white 5 door GTI with DSG about a month and a half ago. In Australia we have a very long wait. Expected delivery is June/July!
Had two test drives, both in DSG models. First one did not count that much as in peak hour traffic.
Second test drive at a dealer in the outer suburbs, much better. Excellent handling. Ride firm but not too firm, however did not strike any really bad aussie roads. Excellent engine, DSG is very good, played with paddles and manual mode. Sets good and back roomy. Only thing I found with the DSG was a slight hesitation when taking off. This might have been due to not being used to the car.
In Aus the only options are Sun roof, DSG, Xenons and sat nav.
Have to now wait a loooooooooong time for the car to arrive.