GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourselves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
AJChenMPH, let me tell you, us Canadians know all about winter driving. The best thing to do is go with a 15" size rim with winter tires. Its cheaper and more effective than the 17" OEM. I personally have that setup with Michelin X-ICE. The traction, stopping distance and acceleration are greatly improved.

maxitrol

Passed Driver's Ed
hello thier,what a great site for mrk v golfs,i ave a gt tdi mrk v in pearl black with estoril wheels,got a sun roof as well as air con,black leather interior with climate control heating with the winter pack........i ave replaced the radio in the golf with a alpine rb 310 header unit with amps in the boot and different speakers in the doors

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Das_Meister said:
AJChenMPH, let me tell you, us Canadians know all about winter driving. The best thing to do is go with a 15" size rim with winter tires.
Thanks. Problem is, a 15" rim won't fit over the brakes on a GTI. I'm thinking about keeping my 16" rims from my Passat to use as snow rims, but that would mean I'd need to find rims for my Passat when I trade it in, sell it or donate it. So I may as well get 205/50-17 or 215/50-17 snow tires for the OEM rims and get some nice, lightweight 17" or 18" rims with good summer tires.

maxitrol

Passed Driver's Ed
maxitrol said:
hello thier,what a great site for mrk v golfs,i ave a gt tdi mrk v in pearl black with estoril wheels,got a sun roof as well as air con,black leather interior with climate control heating with the winter pack........i ave replaced the radio in the golf with a alpine rb 310 header unit with amps in the boot and different speakers in the doors

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
AJChenMPH said:
Thanks. Problem is, a 15" rim won't fit over the brakes on a GTI. I'm thinking about keeping my 16" rims from my Passat to use as snow rims, but that would mean I'd need to find rims for my Passat when I trade it in, sell it or donate it. So I may as well get 205/50-17 or 215/50-17 snow tires for the OEM rims and get some nice, lightweight 17" or 18" rims with good summer tires.

Hmm, I didn't know that they won't fit. You can get inexpensive steel rims and freeing up your passat rims.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Hi, my name is Chris. Greetings from down under....Australia.

I ordered my very first VW at the beginning of December last year. It is likely that l won't take delivery till about September. It's a long, long time.

My order is for a 5 door Tornado red GTi with DSG, Sunroof and Satnav.

The only thing l've bought for it to date are personalised number plates - MK5GTI.

Cheers

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Hi, first off GREAT SITE! I love it and find it to be very informative:thumbup:

I've had my MK5 GTI since April 2005 and this is how its spec'd:
Black Magic Pearl
Beige Leather interior
18" Denver wheels
Xenon lights
Sunroof
Armrest CD Changer

Mods so far include:
GTI Votex front valence
Kamei Eyebrows
DSG Grills
Black out Taillights
Caractere Rear Hatch Blend
20th Anniversary Badges
H&R GTI sport springs 40mm
REVO RE-Map producing 178kw and 352nm of torque.

GTi Crow

Passed Driver's Ed
Well may not be the first Australian here, but looks like the first from Adelaide when I put my marker on the map.

As you can see below details of my Gti which I have had since mid Oct 2005 after a 5 month wait.

Now have 4,000 klm on the clock and still learning about it, especially the DSG.

Excellent site guys and gals.

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys.

I will be looking into buying either the R36 when it comes to US or the GTI 2.0T and upgrading it. For now I drive a modified 2000 Honda Prelude.

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
hey every1...ive been in the bmw community for a while, had a z3 since 98, just sold it though and will be getting a gti in may when i graduate college...i cant wait for it, def gettin everything in it dsg, navi, everything i test drove one this week and i loved it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.