GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky drivcer's seat.

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
After a week or so of driving my GTI, I noticed under moderate acceleration my seat was squeaking rather loudly. Took it to the dealership and they lubricated the rails, the noise is back again and actually never fully went away. Not a huge complaint, I love my car and problems of these nature always present themselves in new vehicles. I was jsut wondering if any one else had a problem like this.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
My experience has not been a squeaky seat, but with a squeaky back left wheel. After 1 day of driving it was making a horrible noise - turns out it was a "stop plate" that had moved too far forward, and needed to be pushed back. There is still a slight squeak from the wheel whenever I move my body weight around? I only have 200 miles so I am hoping it just the suspension settling?

My friend had a squeaky seat that wouldn't go away, and VW eventually replaced the seat under warranty - I would try and do that.

bilbos

On the Kop
I experienced a similar problem on my old 2000 Beetle. The seat design and operation is very similar between both cars.
The Beetle seat used to squeak like mad when you moved around on it so I took it to the dealers and they replaced the base under warranty. About 6 months later, it started doing it again. Went back to the dealers and they basically told me that they would be forever replacing the seat as the problem was likely to resurface. I just learned to live with it.
Otherwise, just turn the music up louder and you won't be able to hear the squeak. :laugh:

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
yes, it's under moderate acceleration in 1st - 3rd gears about 75% throttle and if you push yourself back with ur hands on the steering wheel.....let me know if anyone finds a fix for this.....i took it to the dealership and they lubed it, it almost went away, so maybe i jsut need to try that instead of driving another 45 miles.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
griss1310 said:
My experience has not been a squeaky seat, but with a squeaky back left wheel. After 1 day of driving it was making a horrible noise - turns out it was a "stop plate" that had moved too far forward, and needed to be pushed back. There is still a slight squeak from the wheel whenever I move my body weight around? I only have 200 miles so I am hoping it just the suspension settling?

My friend had a squeaky seat that wouldn't go away, and VW eventually replaced the seat under warranty - I would try and do that.

I have the same problem! Did it ever go away?

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Dubdr, what squeak are you referring to? The "horrible" noise, or the stop plate, was fixed. The slight squeak from the wheel or suspension is still there. I am going to wait and see if it goes away between now, and my first oil change. I'll keep you posted. What noise does yours make?

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
My makes a very light squeak fron the drivers side back suspension. It only happens when you are getting into or out of the car. I just had my first oil change but forgot to tell anyone about it. Keep me updated.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
I will do that. A good friend of mine is a VW shop foreman, and I will see him the first weekend in April. I will fill you in. Keep me updated with your situation as well, it sounds like the noises we are experiencing are similar.