GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old for a GTI?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yada yada yada, what everyone else has said...you can never be too old for a GTI, but if you think you are getting too old...plllease don't buy a benz, they're garbage. get a nice, sophisticated passat or A4. good luck with your search!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Scotaku said:
Don't hope. Plan. Then execute. Commit to your plan and you will own the car so much sooner than later. The interest saved alone will give you tons of buying freedom once the title is yours and yours alone.

Once I get my finances squared away, (I was stupid and made a bunch of purchases about a month before I bought the car), I'll start making higher payments, probably by next month, I have 6 months of insurance paid off already, and a decent sized tax return coming as well.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
For all the people that say BMW or MB is out of their price range, just wait. Once you are done modding your GTi (I may be speaking for myself here) you will have spent a BMW or MB. Just me, horsepower adds up quick.:bellyroll:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Dubdr said:
Once you are done modding your GTi (I may be speaking for myself here) you will have spent a BMW or MB. Just me, horsepower adds up quick.:bellyroll:

Tru-n-deed. From this thread I see that the age group ranges from 17-53. That's pretty cool. I guess I'm not too old. Thanx guyz/galz :thumbsup:

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Bouston said:
Right now I'm trying to decide on my next vehicle. I'm 28 years old, and I've never owned a VW or shall I say a GTI before. I've always been into modding cars. I was wondering what age group does this car really appeal to. The other car I've been looking at is a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230. On one hand there's the fun & fast GTI and on the other there's the more sophisticated Benz. Should I nourish my "FAST" or move on to something more "adult" like?

Good God I hope that 28 is not too old! Goodness, at 50 you're making me feel ancient! I was about 28 when VWoA started bringing the GTI to the USA. I wanted one then as I want one now. But things look closer to me getting one this time then ever in my life.

Wish me luck guys!

Chris

P.S. and YES...I am a Grand Paw!

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
your never too old to buy any kind of car. your going to regret buying a c230.

newtogolf

24 year old here. i cant beleive there are 17yr olds out there driving this sort of car.

i also cant beleive there are 50yr olds driving this car.

just goes to show, its a car for anyone.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
the_saint said:
You will lose your job and get committed to an insane asylum because you will start hallucinating and go crazy as a result of the sleep deprivation you get from getting too much a$$.

:bellyroll:

I don't know...just a thought.

I wish I had that problem! :laugh: