GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's all Coming Together...

vw4ross

Autocross Champion
Love your ride, it looks dope. I don't know why they aren't putting those 18" Karthoum wheels on instead of the Huf's. Anyways, how long of a wait was it once the dealer ordered those wheels? They let you finance those wheels into your car payment? Did they charge you for the install of those stupid $20 bumptstops, or they just did it for you?
It doesn't look too bad at stock height, however all the cars with 17" wheels look ridiculously high. Can't figure out why... if the suspensions are the same.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
ewoo said:
Looks sharp. Did you get to keep your 17" rims?
Remember you paid for those too. :biggrin:

Yeah got the stock rims and tires. Anybody wanna buy them??? i'm posting them on Ebay next week. If nobody buy's them i'm making a coffee table and selling the tires.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
vw4ross said:
Love your ride, it looks dope. I don't know why they aren't putting those 18" Karthoum wheels on instead of the Huf's. Anyways, how long of a wait was it once the dealer ordered those wheels? They let you finance those wheels into your car payment? Did they charge you for the install of those stupid $20 bumptstops, or they just did it for you?
It doesn't look too bad at stock height, however all the cars with 17" wheels look ridiculously high. Can't figure out why... if the suspensions are the same.

They wanna make money so they put on the Huf's for $750.00 or whatever it is and charge double for these (what'cha gonna do) I test drove the car totally stock on March 7th, picked up the car last night with everything done. Pretty quick turn-around, 8 day's total wait to get everything in and on. They didn't have a seperate charge for the BumpStops but I did pay $500.00 bucks shop fees to get the kit painted, installed, and the new wheels on, with a new allignment, so I'm sure that cost is part of it. It's still a little too high, but 18's and the kit definetly help. Eibach Pro-Kit, and this baby is gonna look perfect. Engine upgrades is a whole nother story.

:headbang:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
the_saint said:
Speaking of details... and not to bust your chops or anything...but aren't there supposed to be plastic screws/caps that go into the lug nut holes?

Thanks for noticing SAINT... Dealership will have the caps for me tommorow when i pick up my mats, also wanted to note that there is one lockable lug on each of my wheels, but they put the key into the spare tire compartement so it's all good.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
In GA, pimpin skills are not aquired through years of learning its automatically gained at birth! haha lookin clean keep it up

Dude123

Oval Champion
Looks beautiful! Was was the total cost of everything..including tax?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Yo HotLanta...

Bro i took a couple pics of your car yesterday while i was at dwight harrison...i wanted to show my father and my friend the rims on the car...BTW the car looks so frickin badass in person!...hope ya dont mind about the pics :smile:

also who was your sales man?....how was your experience over there?...i was dealing with a dude named Art until he told me not to be all nit picky about my car...i posted my story about the incedent on these boards...check it out for the details...if ya want

I pick up my GTI in the morning at Jim Ellis off of Cobb pkwy...we gonna have to start a mini GTI club here soon...ive noticed some other with GTIs around this area

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Freek said:
Yo HotLanta...

Bro i took a couple pics of your car yesterday while i was at dwight harrison...i wanted to show my father and my friend the rims on the car...BTW the car looks so frickin badass in person!...hope ya dont mind about the pics :smile:

also who was your sales man?....how was your experience over there?...i was dealing with a dude named Art until he told me not to be all nit picky about my car...i posted my story about the incedent on these boards...check it out for the details...if ya want

I pick up my GTI in the morning at Jim Ellis off of Cobb pkwy...we gonna have to start a mini GTI club here soon...ive noticed some other with GTIs around this area

i live in Savannah,GA we should start a statewide club

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Freek said:
Yo HotLanta...

No worries, I like when people use my car as a "model." I dealt with Tom Board on this setup, and he was awesome. I never met Art so I can't comment on him, but my experience there was good. I did most everything on the Internet, and just came in to sign some papers, test drive the car, and then pick it up. I even qualifed for financing over the internet. We'll definetly have to start a dub club. I live in Alpharetta, where U at?

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
i love the kit, how much did u pay for it? and did u get it through the dealer? if so what was your monthly payments with and w/o the kit