GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a Good Quote...

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
$20,240 for a baseline 2.0t GTI. The salesman in the e-mail said that was their MSRP price!:eek: To quote him, "The only thing you would add to the 20,240. is the dest., taxes, tags and processing." My god... patience IS a virtue if this deal holds up! Earlier last month I was quoted $22,930 with dest. in the price... I think I may just get a GTI afterall. :redface:

What do you all think of this quote? I seriously hope that if I get into the chair to finalize the deal, that I won't be let down... example being that they would charge me $1,000 processing fee or something.

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Add the destintation charge and you are paying pretty much what anyone with a clue is getting... approx. $500 over invoice. Get him to include the destination in the invoice price (it should be anyway) and then you would be getting a good deal.

Live2Fast

Passed Driver's Ed
That's for a BASELINE model...now what about those of us that want leather, DSG, sunroof yada yada? Where is there a bargaining chip for people that want something other than base model GIT's

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Make sure you know what the "Out the Door" (OTD) price is... Because people usually get screwed with things like "dealership advertising fees" and "document processing fees" and other BS like that---in the Financing office, after the price of the car was agreed on. (Poor schmuck customer thinking they did a good job negotiating.)

Before you finalize, find out from your local state office how sales taxes are computed and what the exact title and registration fees cost. Some dealers will charge an excess of $200 on top of those fees required by your state---which is total BS because they get their registrations specially expedited at the DMW.

Also, in most cases, so-called "advertising fees" are really not fees but costs that your dealer can swallow (or be reimbursed by VW). So don't accept crap like that!

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
nomios said:
Add the destintation charge and you are paying pretty much what anyone with a clue is getting... approx. $500 over invoice. Get him to include the destination in the invoice price (it should be anyway) and then you would be getting a good deal.

Well if he keeps with the standard destination charge ($630), it would end up being $20,870. Now looking at the invoice price of $21,943 (which is stated in the stickied thread at the top of this forum), I'd be getting one heck of a deal. That's $1,006 below invoice WITH destination in the quoted price and without destination in the invoice price. But, that's only if he keeps with the regular destination price... as far as invoice goes, it definitely is a subjective figure in most cases. I asked him what the "on the road price" is, Scotaku. So let's see if he replies back with the answer.

Now I know I'm not going to get too excited about this quote... because that's just what it is, a quote. I'll be sure to not fall into any traps that some of these dealers can get me into. I can almost predict some "hidden" fees at the near-end of signing, since this deal is almost too good to be true.

Good info ewoo, I'll be sure to check that stuff out before I go in. :w00t:

Live2Fast, you may not want a baseline GTI... but that's all I'm going for in this respect. I just want the barebones GTI with nothing else on it. 6speed is great for me.:thumbsup:

:edit: Whoops! So I suppose the quote of $20,230 is what edmunds is calling the invoice price? I had no idea... I was always lead to believe that $21,910 was Invoice, hrmm... must have been looking at the DSG equipped car then? Well anyway, it's a heck of a lot better of a deal than what I was going to get at the other dealer! :)

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
Jennings Volkswagen said:
:evil: ASK FOR THE INTERNET MANAGER....BEST PRICES IN TOWN !!! :thumbsup:

Just by luck, this guy is the Internet Sales Manager and he is giving me the best price in town, lol. :clap:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I got mine for $1300 under MSRP if you quote it as paying the whole price for the Package 2. Out the door with package 2 I was charged $24, 059 (including tax, title, and service fee).

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Invoice on a PAckage 2 GTI should be $23,757 so it looks like you got OTD at $302 over invoice. There must have been some incentives for the dealer they basically gave you the car under invoice.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
Hi, was wondering when you build the car on the VW website, what kind of pricing is that?
thanks

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
hakgwai said:
Hi, was wondering when you build the car on the VW website, what kind of pricing is that?
thanks

MSRP pricing. Expect the out the door price about $1000 over if you buy one now.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
$1000 over what...invoice? Certainly not over MSRP...unless you have more money than brains.

aznkukuboi said:
MSRP pricing. Expect the out the door price about $1000 over if you buy one now.