GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Springies!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Those are the only pictures I can get for now, sorry about the size.

The drop is a little under 2 inches, so I'm guessing that the early estimates of 1.8" was correct.

These make the car feel so much more amazing then it already did. I havent had a chance to really flog it yet, but just a few low speed twisties. The body roll is nearly non-exhistent, and it feels more connected to the road, more surefooted.

I'm not sure how long the stock struts are going to last, but we'll have to see.

When they installed the springs, the alignment went off by a bit, positive camber and toe-out on the front's especially.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Ohh, also got my new tires installed on the front, BFGoodrich g-force Sports. $30 cheaper then the Continentals, better traction rating, but I wont know personally until they get scrubbed in.

What I'm thinking is that the rear end is going to have more of a tendency to step out a bit because of less grip compared to the fronts. I dont expect it to be a problem, but come track days it may be a bit more unstable.

Thank God you have shown us this. I'm definitely getting the Pro-Kit. I'm gonna have them install them too. I don't want to take any chances on my car right now. Oh by the way. I'm getting a moonroof installed on Monday!
Where is the place you got yours done?

Accel

Rally Car Champion
TeknoGroover said:
Thank God you have shown us this. I'm definitely getting the Pro-Kit. I'm gonna have them install them too. I don't want to take any chances on my car right now. Oh by the way. I'm getting a moonroof installed on Monday!
Where is the place you got yours done?

Eibach put them on for me :wink:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Do you have a model number for these and are they available tothe public yet?

Gotfast?

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow those are lower than i thought. i might have to change my mind about getting the Vogtland race springs. Im also with the guy above^ , when will these springs be available to the public and where can i get them ?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
EB8598.140
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for MKV
Volkswagen Jetta (2005-2007)
Volkswagen Golf/GTI (2006-2007
That's the model number and specs I have seen out on the internet but just want to know if the ones you got are the same. I can't see that they would be if the were using your car to develope them just recently.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
loccusst said:
EB8598.140
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for MKV
Volkswagen Jetta (2005-2007)
Volkswagen Golf/GTI (2006-2007
That's the model number and specs I have seen out on the internet but just want to know if the ones you got are the same. I can't see that they would be if the were using your car to develope them just recently.

I think he said he got the Sportlines not the Pro-kit... check the first post in this thread.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
oops. Well I guess I just contributed some not-so needed info.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
damn im looking for the eibach sportline springs and cant find tham anywhere.. can anyone help??

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
Yea, Accel, could you tell us how this deal worked? How much were they? Did you go to an official Eibach retailer, or did you buy them on the internet?

What is the life going to be on the stock shocks?