GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sign in here - what are you planning on ordering or have already ordered??

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
VWnuts said:
Gotta find one first :) None around me. If I can find one and test drive then I'll be talking price.

Tell me about it ! Hoping someone somewhere in this country has found one to see or drive would be even better... damn, waiting is getting hard.. :biggrin:

i got one... yesterday to be percise! the best car ive ever driven better than the car sitting next to it in the last picture!

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Congrats BLKonBLKMKVGTI! You must be having so much fun driving her. That interior is beautiful looks like leather seats?? Seeing people take delivery already makes me antsy :frown:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
dayum, sick garage you have there.. Congrats on the golf !!!!

:bow: :bow:

Dude123

Oval Champion
Black was my first choice, but when the dealer asked me what color I wanted...I chose the United Gray :p

Congrats on your GTi

Yep, a couple of weeks ago - now the long wait........ should be here at the start of April:wink:

Here's the spec

Shadow Blue
5 Dr
Sunroof
Black Leather
18" Monza II
10 CD Multi Changer
Winter Pack
Highline Computer

Here's what it should look like

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Congrats Dirty Pucka! You've still got a solid 2 months of waiting :) That's the worst part they say heh. hope VW brings shadow blue to North America eventually but too bad it'll probably be b4 I order my car.

hipstomper said:
Congrats Dirty Pucka! You've still got a solid 2 months of waiting :) That's the worst part they say heh. hope VW brings shadow blue to North America eventually but too bad it'll probably be b4 I order my car.

Thanks Hipstomper, the wait is horrible! The Volkswagen main dealer is about 15 miles away but they have let me out twice on my own in the GTI demonstrator - once before ordering when my Polo went in for some warranty work and then again when I went to order it:w00t: Might have to pop in and have another go:wink: Its like a drug - I'm hooked:biggrin:

ChalkyWhite

Drag Race Newbie
I've had mine since May05 now (after a 16 week wait having ordered at end of Jan last year), and can give a short account.

Received my bottle of top-up oil in leatherette bag, and bottle-opener on day one. See pics in my signature.

Thought one tyre valve was faulty after 2 weeks, turned out to be a nail right in the middle of the tread. VAG dealer fixed it for free! :biggrin:

Backed into neighbours car after 3 weeks, whilst being distracted. Cost £180 GBP. Local Chipsaway franchise did a gr8 job - you'd never know! :eek:

Wobby gear take-up in low gears reported to dealer. He says it's normal for mk4 and mk5 (never had a VW before). At low revs, whilst pulling away the power delivery isn't smooth as i'd expect. You can actually hear a warbling noise, but nothing metallic sounding, so not serious I supose, thought i'd get it checked out though!

Rear wiper was playing up for a number of weeks, the dealer told me to make sure the hatch was shut firmly. I now have the knack of yanking the hatch down using the inside handle.

My mother's wheelchair took small gouges out of the boot lining one day, so need some sort of polish for interior plastic, to bring the darker colour back.

Carted 13 council paving slabs down to my in-laws last weekend. Phew was I nervous about damaging the boot even more! At the end of the day, with my wife driving a two-seater MG, the Golf has to be the work-horse of the household.

Now (after 7k miles) have the brakes making a bit of noise when braking gently at low speed, similar to when you apply the brakes after washing the car and the discs have got a little surface rust - but this is all the time. Might take the car back to the "stealer" for another check.

When you pay so much for new, you want it A1, yes?

Other than all that, absolutely love it. The ESP is fun to test on roundabouts, I don't turn it off very much at all, as it let's you have a certain amount of fun! :clap: The front-end looks still bring a smile to my face, and the interior is the best of any car of the price-range I've been in. The seats (i have cloth) are extremely supportive, but make sure you get them Scotch-guarded (or similar) as I need to get some chocolate out of mine now!

Still not many around on Berkshire (England) roads, so still getting plenty of looks, and had people at petrol stations asking me about the car.

First mod I'd make is a fruitier exhaust, but only when the existing one wears out. Then an Ipod adapter probably.

As McDonalds say "I'm luvin' it" :w00t: