GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Springies!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
As of this morning, I dropped my car off at Eibach so they can do fitment and ride testing of their springs.

As payment for the use of the car, I got to choose what springs I wanted, the rep I spoke to said the two options were the ProKit which was an approximate 1 inch drop, or the Sportline kit which was an approximate 2 inch drop! (Of course I chose the sportlines!)

Anyway I should be getting my car back tomorrow evening, and I will post pics of course when I get it, I just had to post this now because I'm super excited! :thumbup:

When I pick it up I'll also try and pull some info off the guy as far as numbers and pricing and stuff so this wont be just a show-off thread.

I cant wait:biggrin:

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
Accel said:
As of this morning, I dropped my car off at Eibach so they can do fitment and ride testing of their springs.

As payment for the use of the car, I got to choose what springs I wanted, the rep I spoke to said the two options were the ProKit which was an approximate 1 inch drop, or the Sportline kit which was an approximate 2 inch drop! (Of course I chose the sportlines!)

Anyway I should be getting my car back tomorrow evening, and I will post pics of course when I get it, I just had to post this now because I'm super excited! :thumbup:

When I pick it up I'll also try and pull some info off the guy as far as numbers and pricing and stuff so this wont be just a show-off thread.

I cant wait:biggrin:
With the sportlines wouldnt you need new shocks? Are they going to put those on too? :iono:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Lynx said:
With the sportlines wouldnt you need new shocks? Are they going to put those on too? :iono:

Not sure yet, we'll see tomorrow, anyway the stock shocks should be good for a few months until I can budget new ones in.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
When you go back in to pick up your ride, can you ask them about the life expectancy of the stock shocks for the Pro-Kit springs? That's what I'm looking @ going for to do my lowering, but if it's going to only last a few thousand miles, might as well go for the cup kit. Thanks for any info you can squeeze out of em. And congrats on getting the free stuff! Grumble, grumble...lucky bastage...grumble, grumble. :thumbup:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Prokits=handling, Sportlines=slammed, bouncing, rubbing, worn out shocks. I learned the hard way.

AAAAAH!
You are SO Fucking lucky! I live in SoCal and I wish I could've done it! Well, since you've done the Sportline, I'll do the Pro-Kit for them. How did you get them to do it? PLEASE TELL ME, by PM of course!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
For this car I would go Pro Kit. This is a handling car might as well keep it as such.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
TeknoGroover said:
AAAAAH!
You are SO Fucking lucky! I live in SoCal and I wish I could've done it! Well, since you've done the Sportline, I'll do the Pro-Kit for them. How did you get them to do it? PLEASE TELL ME, by PM of course!

Well, they are testing both as far as I know, but leaving the sports on.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
take a straight on shot of the profile so we can see the gap!!!!!

I 'd like to see both the sportlines and the prokit. I was reading the prokit @ 1.3? I saw on the vortex a guy had H&R sports (@1.5" drop) and it looked way lower. There was a discussion about the jettas too that revealed that the jetta in europe was more than 15mm lower...more like 21...that .8" diff (vs .6)"....so really if we can go .5-1.0 lower than euro (assuming the gti is relatively the same) we are going to be looking good.

ANY GTI OWNERS IN EUROPE:: Please measure from the ground to the highest point of the fenders for us and post up. I am curious to know the stock height diff between euro and na.!!!!