GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts???????????

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
I broke my driver's side windshield wiper arm on my MkV GTI. VW has it on backorder for who knows how long. As for now, I can't legally drive in the rain. I've called VWoA about it, and they are doing what they can. Does anybody know of an aftermarket wiper arm, or something that will get me by until my part arrives?

Thanks.

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
can u use the passenger side arm?

Probably, but I believe it's shorter. I just hope it's not on infinite backorder like my iPod adapter. The Jetta and GTI use the same part, according to my dealer. There's got to be one laying around somewhere.

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
I had that thought already, but for just a brief moment. Since the number of dealers around here is limited, it would probably be an easy case for Barney Fife. Surely VW can get me a part, or perhaps there's a wrecked Jetta around. I've scoured the internet tonight, and found them for every other GTI/Jetta except the MkV.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
the_saint said:
Go steal one
:evil:
Take one anyways, just put your broken one on one of the others. do a swap aroo thing. make sure to wear gloves. LOL:evil:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What did you break on the arm and how did you break it?

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
Why didn't your dealership do the "stealing" for you? I would ask them to swap out the arm on yours for one from their lot.

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
Try a Salvage yard??

:thumbsup: