GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about APR chip...

D

danny_a

I'm not sure how to turn it on or off i have the stock program and 91 how do i switch between the two? :help: :iono:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
1.turn your cruise control on
2.turn the ignition to 2nd position (do not start the motor)
3.push the button on your cruise control and hold it, your CEL will start blinking and after 5 secs it will start blinking rapidly, that is 2nd program (slower blink is the first program)
4.release the button at the desired program (whichever blink)
5.turn the ignition off
6.wait 10 secs
7.turn the motor, you will see your CEL blinking crazy for 3 secs, that is fine.
8.Enjoy yourself

PS: you gotta figure out which is the stock and 91 program (1st or 2nd), if you are confused, your dealer (APR) can do it for you.

D

danny_a

alright thanks alot i just gotta figure out which is which

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Of course you need to make sure your cruise control lever is pulled toward you first and that the "cruise" light is on in your dash. Then hold it in ans select the program. Also, I never wait ten seconds. I always switch my ignition off an on again right away after selecting a program and it never causes any problems for me. It also still flashes rapidly to let me know that it has selected a different program. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to wait 10 seconds though. I'm just saying that you shouldn't have to wait at all. I've got it down to where I can change it rapidly at a stop sign or a red light.

On a side note. Never select a program after the 5 blinks and before the second group of rapid 5 blinks or you may be unsure of the program you're in. I always select mine around the second blink of which set I want.