GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old for a GTI?

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Right now I'm trying to decide on my next vehicle. I'm 28 years old, and I've never owned a VW or shall I say a GTI before. I've always been into modding cars. I was wondering what age group does this car really appeal to. The other car I've been looking at is a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230. On one hand there's the fun & fast GTI and on the other there's the more sophisticated Benz. Should I nourish my "FAST" or move on to something more "adult" like?

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Kurupt-MK5 said:
forget moving onto "adult" car stage thats when your life gets boring ha i'm 18

True, but after that is a mid-life crisis a.k.a C6 Z06 :thumbup:

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
"old" is a state of mind. Buy what you want, who cares about the image. If you want a GTI (or other 'toy' car) buy it. If you get a 'mature car' when your really really want a fun car you will regret it, trust me. I'm 28, I bought a 2006 Mazda5 (Premacy in your neck of the woods) last August and I'm preparing to run backwards through a cornfield with my pants off so I can get a GTI.

I tried to be "responsible" but I just can't take it!!!

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
the_saint said:
I'm preparing to run backwards through a cornfield with my pants off so I can get a GTI.

:laughabove: I've never heard that one before! Your right. Maybe I should wait until I'm like 40 or something before I think about "slowing down" so to speak. Although the chicks would dig the Benz :headbang: . Another reason I was thinking about getting the Benz is because I could get 10% off MSRP (options included), and no destination charge. I would save around $4500. I also priced both vehicles. The GTI was 25K and the Benz was 28K. This is me right now --> :confused:

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
you are never too old to own a gti! look at me, i am 27 and the bf is 28!!!!!!!!! and we love the gti...
:)

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
speaking of AMG's i saw an SL500 AMG the other day:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
i almost died there on the spot

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
21 here, there was actually the same question going on about the si at vtec.net and there were some in their late 50s buying it, so i definitely don't think you can ever be too old for the gti