GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STAGE 1 ..not as fast??

GTI689

Oval Champion
I bought the APR ecu a few weeks ago and it seems like ever since that one time i switched to stock and back it got alot slower? I remmeber in the begining my head was stuck to that seat lol I gave a freind a ride in it when i first got it and he almost shit his pants.. i gave him one recently and we both agree it feels slower.. still quick but just not as fast pick up as it did before. ( i know its in chip mode and not in stock) Is this normal or should i just go back and get it re flashed?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Amier said:
I bought the APR ecu a few weeks ago and it seems like ever since that one time i switched to stock and back it got alot slower? I remmeber in the begining my head was stuck to that seat lol I gave a freind a ride in it when i first got it and he almost shit his pants.. i gave him one recently and we both agree it feels slower.. still quick but just not as fast pick up as it did before. ( i know its in chip mode and not in stock) Is this normal or should i just go back and get it re flashed?

I haven't experienced that problem, but if I was un-happy in any way I'd go back to get it re-flashed.

Good Luck!

:headbang:

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
^ x2

the difference for me was night and day.

ecu might not be taking the new program very well

GTI689

Oval Champion
I was thinking about buying a catbackback exhaust should i just reflash it to stage 2 when i put my exhaust on or have them fix it now and come back in a week and reflash it once again?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Amier said:
I was thinking about buying a catbackback exhaust should i just reflash it to stage 2 when i put my exhaust on or have them fix it now and come back in a week and reflash it once again?

fix it now, then deal with updating it once you have the exhaust.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Amier, do you have a diverter valve? If so, I would replace it with one of the newer ones. They have reinforced the diaphragm to avoid cracking.

GTI689

Oval Champion
griss1310 said:
Amier, do you have a diverter valve? If so, I would replace it with one of the newer ones. They have reinforced the diaphragm to avoid cracking.

yes i do, could this be the problem?