GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comments Please.

Nevada Smith

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you think it is fair that VW releases the 4motion TDI MKV 3 and 5 door hatchback only in Europe?

VWoA surely will only release the R32 as the only 4motion MK5 in America because if they have customers that want AWD they will make them spend an arm and a leg to get it.

To say the GTI should come with AWD would be against the GTI pedigree, but don't you think a poor man's R32, the 4motion Golf TDI would be great?
I mean when gravel is mocking you there is nothing better than AWD to show it who's boss.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I don't think a 4 Wheel TDI is "sexy" enough for the US market... Remember Europe is the land of small cars, hatchbacks, and super expensive fuel. I think people here who have concerns about winter driving, get SUV's.

-HTL

bilbos

On the Kop
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I don't think a 4 Wheel TDI is "sexy" enough for the US market... Remember Europe is the land of small cars, hatchbacks, and super expensive fuel. I think people here who have concerns about winter driving, get SUV's.

-HTL

I agree with you there. Originating from the UK I can say that people prefer smaller cars and normally diesel ones. Diesel car sales are overtaking gasoline (mainly due to the fact that gas (or petrol as we in the UK call it) is so expensive).
Also SUV's in the UK are popular but the roads are not really designed for their enhanced size, therefore there is a small degree of backlash against them.
Diesel cars in the US are few and far between because of the relatively cheap price of gas, and the economy of the diesel engine is not really required.

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
I don't think its likely to happen anytime soon. The NA market for TDIs isn't large enough although growing. 4motion + TDI isn't going to be cheap either. The new 2.0 TDIs would probably come when the U.S. have sufficient low sulfur Diesel and also new engine technology to work with new exhaust requirements.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Kurupt-MK5 said:
or when gravel is mocking u... u just stomp it and spray that annoying crap all over the place!

:laughabove: .....but watch the paint.