GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI driver armrest

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
I have spent the last few weeks thinking of the best way to fit a carputer neatly into my car.
I have thought about putting it under the seat but i dont think this will fit.

If i'm correct in thinking that the MK5 GTI has an optional armrest between the driver and passenger seat. I believe VW use this to store the Cd changers, i was thinking to fit my computer drives in here. I have seen it done before but as i do not have the armrest on my model i'm not sure what the size etc is like. If anybody has the armrest on there vehicle could they supply a picture and their opinion. I am not to worried about the price of the armrest as I have spent the bucks on the car, I want it to be perfect.
Or if anybody knows where i can buy the armrest that would be great.

Thanks

Can't help with your questions about the armrest but I noticed your in Leicester!

What colour is your MKV GTi, I'll keep a look out for you:biggrin:

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
like this..its a RHD MK5

HGVT

Ready to race!
Dirty Pucka said:
Cool, have you got a picture of it closed down back into the dash?

Pics of it closed, what a piece of machinery :w00t:

Attachments

• 37291956_e406dbe47c.jpg
    37291956_e406dbe47c.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,349
  • 37291914_eb5d6ceff1.jpg
    37291914_eb5d6ceff1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 37291844_78d7a2d63e.jpg
    37291844_78d7a2d63e.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,319

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Hi i am in Loughborough. Driving a black MKV with 18"s.

Yeah this is the sort of thing i am looking for but i am thinking of consealing the disc drives in the arm rest. I was looking at a GTI the other day and it had a drivers arm rest do you think i could purchase one of these through vw?

steve-d said:
Hi i am in Loughborough. Driving a black MKV with 18"s.

Yeah this is the sort of thing i am looking for but i am thinking of consealing the disc drives in the arm rest. I was looking at a GTI the other day and it had a drivers arm rest do you think i could purchase one of these through vw?

Hi Steve, I'm actually from Market Harborough but I haven't seen many MKV GTI's around Leicestershire so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :thumbup:

Did you buy yours from Reg Vardy's or Arthur Prince??? I've had bad experiences with both of them:frown:

How come you have no centre arm rest at all??

Cheers David

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, yeah it was helpful.
I am not sure where to situate my carputer this was one idea to put the drives in the armrest and the computer in the boot.

Anyone with knowledge of this model got any other ideas. I wanted the two drives close to me so i can change discs etc easily.

Very new to the car fitting game and want to make sure i do this well. Will update with photos

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I have the centre armrest and first time I have ever had a car with its own inbuilt bottle opener :thumbsup:

VW's response is that most German beverages still require a bottle opener :respekt: It looks cool at night with the 2 red spots shining down from above.

Attachments

• VWBO.jpg
    VWBO.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,199

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Dirty Pucka said:
Hi Steve, I'm actually from Market Harborough but I haven't seen many MKV GTI's around Leicestershire so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :thumbup:

Did you buy yours from Reg Vardy's or Arthur Prince??? I've had bad experiences with both of them:frown:

How come you have no centre arm rest at all??

Cheers David

Not sure, not even got the bottle opener. I will keep my eye out, have seen a couple of VW MKV 5 in the birstall, thurmaston (A46, A6 and A607) Black and red ones.